• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

One ride for my dad on my sidewinder and he is hooked!

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
My dad has had a rough few years battling leukaemia. A year straight of chemo and he has it beat for now. He hasn't been able to ride his apex for a couple years until just recently. I spent last weekend riding with him and the trails were shot due to the high traffic in the north. He was struggling at 40-50km/h on his old apex in the rough going so I let him ride my winder for the weekend while I muscled the old apex through the whoops lol. He immediately went from struggling at 40-50km/h to riding at 80-90 km/h! The smile on his face when he first stopped was priceless!

He said it was effortless and he could ride all day. After riding the old Apex I was beat... At 72 years old he is going to pick up a low mile Sidewinder LTX-SE!

The highlight of my season seeing him smile ear to ear!
image.jpeg

Nice to hear that your dad is feeling better and is out riding

What a great post and picture of you and your Dad. It's great to hear that he's winning his battle and is out doing the things that he loves with you. Kudos for introducing him to your SW.

I'm 10 years younger than you Dad and I honestly feel that the SW has added many more years to my riding over my old Apex's.

Beautiful. I have an idea that LTX-SE won't be low mileage for long.

Awesome. My dad seems to have a whole new love for riding ever since he sold his Apex and bought a Sidewinder!

Might be the best post all year!!
It's not about any issues or speeds and the end of it
Its all about quality time!!!
Great to hear...All the best!!!!

Thanks for the post....

:sled2:

Brings back some great memories.

It was always special times riding with my Dad. Still special riding with my Son.

Be safe, and enjoy!

My dad has had a rough few years battling leukaemia. A year straight of chemo and he has it beat for now. He hasn't been able to ride his apex for a couple years until just recently. I spent last weekend riding with him and the trails were shot due to the high traffic in the north. He was struggling at 40-50km/h on his old apex in the rough going so I let him ride my winder for the weekend while I muscled the old apex through the whoops lol. He immediately went from struggling at 40-50km/h to riding at 80-90 km/h! The smile on his face when he first stopped was priceless!

He said it was effortless and he could ride all day. After riding the old Apex I was beat... At 72 years old he is going to pick up a low mile Sidewinder LTX-SE!

The highlight of my season seeing him smile ear to ear!View attachment 139437
Nice. What did he think of 270hp.....?
:)

What a Great positive post. I lost my dad when I was just a baby. Would have loved to share my passion with him. Awesome to see the smiles on your faces, I'm sure you made your dads season also with this one ride .

WOW Great lifetime memory for you and DAD.

I wish my dad still rode snowmobile, now he heads south for the winter!! Have alot of great memories growing up snowmobiling with him!! Great picture of you and your dad!!

Back