• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ontario to invest more than $800,000.00 into trail system

That's all fine and dandy but that won't fix mismanagement and screw ups like the insurance and land access fiasco. Signage is also a big issue where people are continuously getting lost and asking for directions to get to their destinations and GAS. I know I'm seriously considering getting a Quebec pass and trailering there despite having an OFSC trail basically right out my door.

If you guys do you might not go back...

I always get a Quebec pass and every other year also an Ontario. Then I bitch that in this region Ontario trails are no good so I skip next winter. Then I give them another chance the season after and the cycles continue. lol

What's interesting is that last year, i saw an advert asking for volunteers, for region 1. I sent them an email, no response. Called them and left a vm, no response. Seems kind of ridiculous to ask for volunteers, then dont call them back when they reach out.

What's interesting is that last year, i saw an advert asking for volunteers, for region 1. I sent them an email, no response. Called them and left a vm, no response. Seems kind of ridiculous to ask for volunteers, then dont call them back when they reach out.

Went through the same thing with both local clubs (I sit on border between them). I chalked it up to just organizational problems, a common problem when you have lots of people cooking and no head chef. When I called, I finally got through to someone but when I asked about the email I got 'oh someone else does that, I don't know who, they are supposed to let us know'. It was the email link in the FB posting about volunteers.. :dunno:

Went through the same thing with both local clubs (I sit on border between them). I chalked it up to just organizational problems, a common problem when you have lots of people cooking and no head chef. When I called, I finally got through to someone but when I asked about the email I got 'oh someone else does that, I don't know who, they are supposed to let us know'. It was the email link in the FB posting about volunteers.. :dunno:
So I guess you weren’t out staking fields today then? Lol

So I guess you weren’t out staking fields today then? Lol
Nope, not on sunday either.:rolleyes:

I tell you though, I had to run up north yesterday, and from here to where 48 turns off east to Coboconk it was straight up whiteout conditions, 20kph the whole way. Blue skies in haliburton. All the snow is in a narrow band starting at Georgian bay across simcoe and south east past scugog, I heard rice lake and quinte got a bunch as well. On the way back there were a dozen sleds running up and down the side of the road on what will eventually be the trail through there. I was a tad jealous, right up until I saw that the same folks shoveling their driveways on the way up were still at it as I came back down 2 and a half hours later.

Yeahhh that's not good. Shame. It's tough to get people to volunteer. When people step up, especially after responding to a request ... get back to them folks. Ah well :)

Back