• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinions on Schmidt Stage 2 Kit

ThatBlueVmax

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Hi, have a 2011 Nytro XTX and looking to invest in a clutch kit. Sled is fully stock expect a ULTRA Q muffler. Am around 170 pounds & trail ride mainly. Have heard great things about the Schmidt Bros Stage 2 kit that Chris offers, tried to contact Ulmer and no reply. Looking for opinions on Chris’s stage 2 kit before I purchase.

Thanks

Use the search function and you’ll find lots of info from countless threads, lots of positive feedback.

Most of the threads transition over to another question or people saying to go with Ulmer, etc. Only a couple threads focus on the topic and not someone asking how to make there engagement more smooth lol.

Chris knows his stuff, I have his kit ,love it.Should have done it from the start you wont be disapointed.

Ulmer is hard to reach, but eventually will call back if you keep calling. Schmidt bros is better at answering, Have good results with their shock and skid work but no experience with the clutching. Have Ulmers clutching and is ok and easily tuneable, but seeing a lot more belt dust since supercharger was installed with his clutching over my stock setup. Schmidt said his clutch setup is much better and doesn’t slip the belt as much, but again I have no experience with their setu.

I did a lot of searching before I purchased a clutch kit. I had heard good things about Schmidt Bros but ended up buying my setup from Thunder Products Clutching when they were at the Milwaukee Snow Show several years back. Initial setup out of the box was really close to perfect, and with a quick call to them I had things dialed right in. I've spent time talking to both Tim and Terry over the phone, they are very knowledgeable and they support this forum!

Back