• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Orders using USPS for shipping, Thunder Products Clutching

Thunder Products

Making your sled the best!
TY Advertiser
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha, Polaris, AC and Ski-Doo
WEBSITE
www.thunderproductsclutching.com
If you are ordering products from Thunder Products Clutching.... we advise you not to use USPS (especially for Canada orders).

Thunder Products Clutching has 4 packages that are stuck in customs in Canada and there is nothing our post office or we can do.

The mail has been horrible and reports of semi-trailers full of mail that hasn't been touched in 2 weeks.

Had a Hygear order take 3+ weeks in December. USPS sucks!

Yes USPS is ABSOLUTELY terrible right now. This is a hot topic across many forums right now.
Maybe if they just raise their prices AGAIN they'll get it figured out!

I have found USPS to be the best and cheapest way to get parts shipped to me from the USA to Canada until this Covid period. I have some Moto Ski vintage parts coming that were shipped in the first week of Dec and tracking shows them sitting in Chicago since mid December! I don't expect I will ever see them now.

I have found USPS to be the best and cheapest way to get parts shipped to me from the USA to Canada until this Covid period. I have some Moto Ski vintage parts coming that were shipped in the first week of Dec and tracking shows them sitting in Chicago since mid December! I don't expect I will ever see them now.
Yes BEFORE covid. Now???
You will get the parts, just a question of when. I believe Chicago is a big Customs port too. That will probably add even more time.
Back in mid November I purchased a part for my cycle from a guy in Arizona. Tracking showed it leaving Phoenix, then, NOTHING. Package went MIA for 16 days before I started getting text updates again. Got it the next day.

I waited for almost a month to get a package from Barn of Parts shipped to me in Michigan from Pennsylvania. It was shipped with USPS. They are TERRIBLE lately.

I experienced the same from Babbitt's and barnof parts still waiting for some cheek pads for my titan helmet I ordered December 20th

I no longer order from places using usps. It used to be the best bang for the buck as priority mail was cheap and 2-3 days max. I waited 30 days for stuff ordered from oklahoma shipped to maine usps priority mail and numerous other things lately. No more, I request ups or fed ex and if the answer is no I buy from elsewhere. I know its not the vendors fault but if I order something its because I need it or want it now..........not next summer.

have to agree..... waiting on clutch parts from the States..... courier service to Yukon Canada is limited and usually costs more than the parts. Canada Post and USPS are the only way for me to get parts.

If you have to use USPS for shipping, ask the company if you can get it sent Express Mail rather than standard Priority. Express mail takes precedence and will make it there in the time frame it states on the package. If the company has Express mail padded flat rate envelopes (and the product will fit in it), it is $26.95 for a 1 or 2 day service in the USA (typically 5 days to Canada).

I had a package shipped to me from Pennsylvania on December 2nd, I finally received it on January 12th!

Thunder Products Clutching has numerous packages out there that have not been delivered...which truly sucks and upsets us as we bust our but, work 14-16 hours a day, take calls after hours to make sure the product is packaged the same day we receive the order.... (back-orders are different).

Most of these are Canadian and if they are still in the states, we can call and figure out where they are. But once they are in Canada at Customs or ??? We can't even have USPS do anything when it gets to that point.

Thunder Products Clutching feels bad that your shipment has not been delivered....but it is out of our control once it leaves our business. This is why we are encouraging you to use UPS when placing an order on our website.

Just an FYI....calling and yelling at us because the mail or customs screwed up on delivering your order....just remember what service you clicked on when you placed your order.

Another victim of USPS slow shipping lately. Had a BOP order that was in transit for an excessively long time...

The Class of service, First Class, Priority, or Express does not matter with the USPS with this issue.
They have ALL sat for weeks at the Distribution Centers.
They all sit in the same trailers.
(It does make the Express shipping free if they don't make it on time, but not worth it to me to have the risk of stuff sitting for weeks)

Customs has little to do with the issue, other than USPS kind of buried them when they started to finally move stuff again.
This started roughly about the time of the election. (Have NO idea if the election had anything to do with it at all.)

We didn't notice it until I started getting calls about it in mid/late Dec.
Then went back through a BUNCH of tracking to find out what was happening.

Shifted most of our shipping to UPS & FedEx at that point.
As you all know, it was way too late for many us by the time we knew of the issue, the packages were already shipped.
The problem with using other than USPS to Canada is that FedEx & UPS charge a "Custom Processing Fee", usually $40+ a package that the customer has to pay at delivery.
Not willing to stick our customers with that. Unless it is requested & with them knowing full well that will happen.

Sent letters to the Postmaster General, my Congressman etc,
Have gotten some info, however, basically they know they are lying to everyone & have failed at the distribution level.

The good news is that the past few weeks have been much better!
Still a few days more than usual, but radically better than it was a few weeks ago!

Here is a copy of my recent reply to correspondence with my Congressman's office.:

Thank you for your response.
I received the same canned reply from her. (Congressman forwarded the canned response the post office sent them)
Appreciate her reply, just not the lack being straightforward.
(Also understand, she may not be able to be straightforward with me due to work policies etc.)

Ended up replying & mentioning that FedEx & UPS seemed to have some miracle Covid immunity that the USPS did not?
We ship with all 3 & it is easy to see the comparison.
Also pointed out that the USPS is NOT under a deluge of packages.
In fact it is quite the opposite, they have much LESS load than the same period last year.

Last year during this same period (Dec 2019), the post office was running double shifts with most carriers nationwide.
The postal carriers would go out, deliver until their trucks were empty, then go back & refill their trucks again & do it again the same day. (Double shifts)
They did this for over a month in late 2019.
It was quite admirable & they did great! Very Impressive!

This year 2020, the facts are quite different, the carriers have so much less load that they are usually done for the day early. NO Double shifts for delivery in 2020.
Pointed out to her that she did not need to take my word for it, to simply ask her own postal carriers for the truth.
If the reality was an overload as they claim, wouldn’t the postal carriers SEE THAT LOAD?
(You might ask your own postal carriers about last year versus this year, they will tell you the truth once you work past the Smoke Blowing part)

Also mentioned the fact that load was not the issue, it is that the Distribution Centers seem to have quit their jobs!
It is that simple.

It is NOT about a fictional overload.
It is NOT about an issue with scanning.
It IS about the Distribution Centers not doing their jobs.

Also pointed out that at this time the USPS is NOT delivering, as they like to claim & was at the end of the canned letter.

Right now, the Distribution Centers seem to be doing their jobs again.
The packages are moving, slower than normal, yet moving.
It is getting better.
Mail is still sitting at Distribution Centers, but for a day or a few days, at least not WEEKS like it was for over a month during November & December 2020.

I bet they hate that they gave myself & others, the ability to see what is really happening with the tracking tools, as prior to open tracking info, they could claim anything & no-one would know the difference.
Is somewhat funny that the canned letter sticks to the claims anyway.

Once I was able to get past the “Blowing Smoke” part with some USPS people, it ended up that what I saw is exactly what was going on.
Is that the Distribution Centers were simply not doing their jobs.
The overall claim is that they had so many people out due to Covid.
(This may even be the case, however when they aren’t quite honest about what is going on, what IS believable from them?)

If that is the case, what manager worth his or her salt would not hire at least temporary help to get things going?
And WHY would this happen at almost EVERY USPS Distribution Center nationwide? (That I am aware of)
And why wouldn’t it happen at every UPS & FedEx Distribution Center?
(And again, I note that Amazon has began carrying most of their own load as the USPS did not want the bussiness, would bet Amazon is soon to be a 4th major package carrier.)

These are real questions that should be asked & honestly addressed.
If the issue that caused this problem is not addressed, it will happen again, is only a matter of time.

Possibly nudge them in the right direction so it doesn’t happen again?
Is it possible you may be able to get us some answers?

Sincerely,
Me
(Deleted the names)

This was a couple days ago, have not heard back yet.

Rockmeister

It’s just not international, I had ordered John Deere Garden tractor Snowblower part from after market company in Winona, MN shipped to Duluth, MN-same state, about 250 miles and took close to 3 weeks past date - I could walk in less time, well someone could :).

Back