• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Osp secoundary adjuster question

ryan11007

Extreme
What happened to the osp post? Looking for the instructions. U take the 3 sets of washer shims off back of secoundary. But I'm trying to find out. The shims behind the secoundary on the shaft. Do you remove them all and just have the secoundary tight to bearing and circlip?

What happened to the osp post? Looking for the instructions. U take the 3 sets of washer shims off back of secoundary. But I'm trying to find out. The shims behind the secoundary on the shaft. Do you remove them all and just have the secoundary tight to bearing and circlip?
No do not remove the washer on shaft
Remove the small bolts on back of clutch

No do not remove the washer on shaft
Remove the small bolts on back of clutch

Right on, 3 small bolts on back of secondary. Use adjuster to set belt deflection then. Heard owner of OSP passed away. Not sure on status of the business so some videos may not be on their site anymore.

Right on, 3 small bolts on back of secondary. Use adjuster to set belt deflection then. Heard owner of OSP passed away. Not sure on status of the business so some videos may not be on their site anymore.
Want to know about the shims against the bearing

Shims on your bearing have nothing to do with adding the adjuster. The only parts you remove are the 3 screws on back side of secondary shown in video.

Shims on your bearing have nothing to do with adding the adjuster. The only parts you remove are the 3 screws on back side of secondary shown in video.
Yea when I changed my bearing I think I might of lost the washer or shim. All I see is circlip and bearing.

Yea when I changed my bearing I think I might of lost the washer or shim. All I see is circlip and bearing.
If look in the Tech section of site the clutch offset and how to measure it is there. It’s pretty easy to do. I have never seen one without the washer but different thicknesses are offered.

If look in the Tech section of site the clutch offset and how to measure it is there. It’s pretty easy to do. I have never seen one without the washer but different thicknesses are offered.
yea turns out some dont have them and looks like mine is just to say in spec with no washer. thanks

I've never seen one yet without a washer. I know they can stick to the secondary when it's removed and forgot about when reassembling.

Back