• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Our trip to Thetford Mines QC

Creeksider

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Phazer
A buddy and I have been talking about sledding in the Appalachian area of QC for years. We finally got the chance and took it. 16 inches of snow dropped a few days prior. The conditions and trails were absolutely amazing. It was our first time ever riding outside the OFSC. The trail system and grooming in QC is second to none compared to Ontario. They were grooming trails even with rain and warm weather forecasted a few days later.

Nothing but rolling hills, 600+ meter elevations, and endless short or long loops of unbelievably beautiful scenery.

It was so nice, I went the following weekend again with my sledhead daughter and left the wife in all day spa and pamper while we rode. My daughter was blown away (no pun intended) by the size of the wind turbines up there.

We bought our passes at Moto JMF (Yamaha dealer) in town. We ran into a minor tech issue and they fixed the bug while we registered our sleds. Awesome service provided there.

https://chaudiereappalaches.com/en/snowmobile/ For the boys (and kids!)

https://www.motojmf.com/fr/ For the passes, accessories and (Yamaha) service

http://noah-spa.com/noah-spa-de-thetford/ To bribe the wives and GF's that never discovered the fun in snowmobiling.

Attachments

• TMhilltop.jpg
    TMhilltop.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 216
  • TMtown.jpg
    TMtown.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 225
  • TMVin.jpg
    TMVin.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 216
  • F250.jpg
    F250.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 210
  • TM2.jpg
    TM2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 175
  • TM3.JPG
    TM3.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 182
  • TM4.JPG
    TM4.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 181
  • TM5.jpg
    TM5.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 177
  • TMhillside.jpg
    TMhillside.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 172
  • TMtrail.jpg
    TMtrail.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 169
  • VinTM.jpg
    VinTM.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Sounds great

Good catch! I'd hate to give the impression to others that ON trails are better maintained than QC's
Was thinking about hitting Ontario this winter to change it up that's why I was asking. I have been all over Quebec and there trails are great.

Was thinking about hitting Ontario this winter to change it up that's why I was asking. I have been all over Quebec and there trails are great.

Go to QC before anything else. When we went, a local said it was one of the worst seasons he's ever seen(mid March). I was blown away by his comment since Ont. trails have been closed for over a month. It was spectacular up there.

well if coming to on for sledding, i do reccomend the abitibbi canyon loop as i really enjoyed it. lots of saddle bagging opportunities and long flat ridding up in that area. lots of good riding around home for me too but there are always sweet spots that make a trip.

well if coming to on for sledding, i do reccomend the abitibbi canyon loop as i really enjoyed it. lots of saddle bagging opportunities and long flat ridding up in that area. lots of good riding around home for me too but there are always sweet spots that make a trip.
Wow That is Far .I was thinking somewhere south of Ottawa. The Alexandria Bay border crossing is 2 hrs from where I would be leaving from in Tughill area .

you could always do the rap tour. done some peices of it but never the whole our.

Back