• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Outer tie rod bolt tighteness

It never will be tight enough to stop moving unless something is wrong. Use Loctite on bolt and get it tight.

It never will be tight enough to stop moving unless something is wrong. Use Loctite on bolt and get it tight.
So I assumed that cranking down on the bolt would push the spindle tabs together and not allow the ball to rotate in the spindle(which I don't see as an issue as the ball can still rotate in the socket). You are saying no matter how tight I tighten the bolt, the tabs on the spindle will never squeeze enough on the ball to keep the ball from moving back and forth in the spindle?

IIRC, isn't there a couple of small washers top and bottom of it? Maybe one is missing.

IIRC, isn't there a couple of small washers top and bottom of it? Maybe one is missing.
Yes, make sure the washers are there! I have to actually use a flat screw driver to push the 2nd small washer in as it’s a pretty tight fit on mine. It’s very easy to loose one of the small washers when taking it apart if you don’t know they are there.

Back