• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over heating, where is it leaking from

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I have a 2018 Vector & yesterday while I was adjusting track alignment & tension I guess it got pretty hot & started leaking anti -freeze .(quite a bit) It seem to be dripping down & around the area of the front heat exchanger. What I would like to know is there a over flow hose it could be leaking from when it get's that hot.

I have a 2018 Vector & yesterday while I was adjusting track alignment & tension I guess it got pretty hot & started leaking anti -freeze .(quite a bit) It seem to be dripping down & around the area of the front heat exchanger. What I would like to know is there a over flow hose it could be leaking from when it get's that hot.

Yes, it will piss out the over flow when you get the motor to hot.. how long did you have it running in this 80 degree weather?

Like Tom said these sleds over flow when hot.

im sure it’s fine. Just top it off and top off jug

When you say just top it off & top off jug are you talking about the coolant recovery container & the coolant reservoir container. I figure I lost at least 2 quarts of anti-freeze. When I buy the anti-freeze from Yamaha does it matter if it is green or blue. I know they changed the color & does it matter if I mixed them. Because it got so hot do you thing I did any damage to the water pump or the impeller. When I was adjusting the track from behind I didn't notice the anti-freeze leaking.

Thank's in advance Tom

When you say just top it off & top off jug are you talking about the coolant recovery container & the coolant reservoir container. I figure I lost at least 2 quarts of anti-freeze. When I buy the anti-freeze from Yamaha does it matter if it is green or blue. I know they changed the color & does it matter if I mixed them. Because it got so hot do you thing I did any damage to the water pump or the impeller. When I was adjusting the track from behind I didn't notice the anti-freeze leaking.

Thank's in advance Tom

If you lost 2 quarts, I cant say for sure. All you can do is refill the entire system and hope for the best. I have mixed them and had no issues.

it does not take much to look like you lost a lot. probably puked out 1l of antifreeze from heat as that is what my phazer did with an ice dam covering the front cooler in 2' of powder when i shut it down for the heat light. been fine since.

Back