• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overall Best Exhaust?

how and where would i properly install a street bike pipe? its called a Cobra FZ1

get some sort of reducer or adapter to slip on the stock pipe & then get whatever length & angle pieces you need to your liking. clamp or weld together. then make a hanger for the muffler.

it's not to bad of a job once you get the sled apart. (under the seat)

My vote goes to a left side r1 exhaust super light sounds good but not to loud and mine was only 40 bucks shipped to the door not sure on power gain.

07Nytro said:
hello i wanna get a exhaust on my sled this year, whats the best overall aftermarket pipe?? I have the stock one on now and i want something after market or upgraded. I am kinda looking towards a streetbike exhaust, becuase they are much cheaper then a kit like the hauck or excell. quote]

First, best overall and cheaper do not go together.
Second, you have a sled so save the streetbike exhaust for---streetbikes.
Third, Mr. Aaen is well respected in the field of aftermarket sled performance. He needs no introduction. His Phazer pipe looks great, sounds awesome, fit and finish is first class and most of all (and what you REALLY purchased the pipe for) makes more HP/Torque. And has the dyno results to prove it.

I would NEVER purchase any aftermarket exhaust without the manufacturer providing the dyno results. Why would anyone alter the exhaust of their motor without knowing the results of the modification?

RayKnobs said:
soul_hammer said:
My vote goes to a left side r1 exhaust super light sounds good but not to loud and mine was only 40 bucks shipped to the door not sure on power gain.

R1 year?
Got pictures of the install?
Thanks

I have a youtube video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvSyp29a_Gk

Rotax454 have you held the phazer muffler? It weighs an easy 20+ pounds. If you replace it with one that is less than 5 like the r1 exhaust that is a huge difference even if it doesn't make anymore hp. Now I don't like the sound of some aftermarket pipes because they are way too loud but if you keep the db levels down any pipe is going to be an improvement on weight loss alone. 15 pounds on something that weighs only 480lbs or so is huge. This is my opinion and I have no dyno sheets to prove it but I know with my 200 lbs on it it pulls harder and reads faster on the dreamometer and I have schooled many people on what a baby sled can do. Not ragging on you rotax just letting you know my ideas and experience I am also in no way putting down any of the manufacturers of phazer gear I just think I could do a lot of riding for 450 bucks.

soul_hammer said:
. 15 pounds on something that weighs only 480lbs or so is huge.

so.. If i stayed on the couch my sled would actually be faster than with me on it

:jump:

Thanks for the vid

edit:

your link is screwed up, it takes me to "Little Kung Fu Yoga Boy part 4"

ok i fixed the link and ray from the sounds of it your phazer might be faster with you on the couch lol J/K man. i have since changed the mounting so it sits a little more in it now looks factory and it says yamaha on it so it may save you from some hassel from the DNR. i have ridden thru many speed traps and have never had them look at me twice.

Nice touch with the color coordinated heat shield. That may help disguise it from the tree cops.

I am at work so i can't crank up the sound. I'll have to hear what it sounds like at home

RayKnobs said:
Nice touch with the color coordinated heat shield. That may help disguise it from the tree cops.

I am at work so i can't crank up the sound. I'll have to hear what it sounds like at home

Thanks ray yeah I think it would but here in Minnesota they arnt that bad about exhausts as long as they are not crazy loud.

RayKnobs said:
Got any install pictures or shots of it tuck in more?

2010-09-05_14-17-12_24.jpg

2010-09-05_14-17-22_671.jpg

best i have right now.[/img]

Rotax454 have you held the phazer muffler? It weighs an easy 20+ pounds. If you replace it with one that is less than 5 like the r1 exhaust that is a huge difference even if it doesn't make anymore hp. Now I don't like the sound of some aftermarket pipes because they are way too loud but if you keep the db levels down any pipe is going to be an improvement on weight loss alone. 15 pounds on something that weighs only 480lbs or so is huge. This is my opinion and I have no dyno sheets to prove it but I know with my 200 lbs on it it pulls harder and reads faster on the dreamometer and I have schooled many people on what a baby sled can do. Not ragging on you rotax just letting you know my ideas and experience I am also in no way putting down any of the manufacturers of phazer gear I just think I could do a lot of riding for 450 bucks.[/quote]

Yes, I certainly do know about the weight savings. Altering the exhaust on even a 4-stroke can affect the performance output (or lack of). Without the proper design and testing, you could actually hurt the performance values. Weight savings aside (there are other area's on the sled that could be put on a diet), in some cases leaving the stock exhaust in place would be a good thing.

To really know if your slip-on muffler works in conjunction with the motor parameters, put your sled on a dyno. Run it and record the power output along with the exhaust temps and the A/F ratio. Remember thought the only two basics adjustments that you can make on this motor is the ignition base timing and the fuel pressure (without major modifications).
Don't get me wrong, I endorse your desire for performance mods to your Phazer. But like most, good performance ain't.
Only cheap performance is------------Cheap. And with some, you can even leave out the word------performance.

Back