• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overblown tragedies

I remember when drinking and driving was socially "acceptable". My dad would get loaded at a friend's house and me and my mom would get in the car with him to go home. Nobody would say anything. We could have stayed at their place but we didn't except once where he was passed out so we had no choice. Thinking about it now, it was damned scary.

The mentality changed slowly. I taught my sons to never do it,that there are always other options, including calling me anytime without question. I do believe that upbringing has a large part in this. More active enforcement also plays a large part. Maybe that's what we need but there aren't enough cops to begin with to spare any to go on trails.

And remember that weed will soon be legal here. God help us!

Drinking & sledding in New Brunswick is insane, the worst on friday & Saturday night, thats why I don't trail ride much & not hardly at all at night on the weekends. Ive seen guys get off their sleds & were so drunk they literally couldn't stand up, its brutal. You roll into a warming hut in NB on a Saturday night & 80% of the people in there will be loaded drunk.
Same thing here in the Manitoba trails. Watch people stumbling out to their sleds from warm up shacks that are close proximity to towns.
Caught up with a small group in the trails one Sat. First shack they stopped at they were cracking open the beers while the sleds were idling down from the hit of the kill switch. At 9 frickin am. WTF

I think it all ended when drinking became about getting drunk! We used to drive around and drink, we used to fish and drink, we used to work and drink, never getting drunk and never out of control, then a bunch of stumbling stupid drunks ruined it all!

So now to set an example we don't drink! While the drunks stumble on! To bad, they never followed our first example and they for sure don't follow our second!

Back