• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Parking brake pads can't reach disc...?

sachabruneau

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha RS Vector LT-X 2010
Hey guys, I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have a RS Vector 2010 that I can't seem to get the parking brake ajusted correctly.
Everything is in place, spacers between transfercase and caliper, pads are almost new and the wire is beyond ajustment capacity, but still, the freakin pads won't grip enough the disc to hold it in place (even by hand). Is there something that I don't get?

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have a RS Vector 2010 that I can't seem to get the parking brake ajusted correctly.
Everything is in place, spacers between transfercase and caliper, pads are almost new and the wire is beyond ajustment capacity, but still, the freakin pads won't grip enough the disc to hold it in place (even by hand). Is there something that I don't get?

Thanks a lot!
Don't adjust the cable, adjust the threaded bolt with jam nut on it.

Thanks guys, i got it with the threaded bolt with the jam nut on the caliper. Thanks foe the input.

Back