• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

path of coolant and heat exchanger locations

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 YAMAHA ATTAK
this attak is new to me . i only see one little radiator w fan near right side footwell. also has the exchangers under the foot rails. is this it? seems it doesnt rely on snow that much . also where is the waterpump located?(just curious)

There also is a cooler at the front of the tunnel. There also was one at the rear that was an add on kit on the rx sleds. Never touched the water pump yet on one so some one else will have to cover that.

you should be able to find all your answers on a microfiche listing all the parts, it shows everything;)

well i ride lakes and icy trail alot so might need the ad on cooler in the rear. where would i find this? curious on price and location

they took the one from the apex mtx and mounted it in place of the crossover tube in the back. part # is 8FS-1241A-10-00. i had it on my 05 rx war as it always seemed to run hot for my taste.

ok thanks im going to look that up. i have not seen a crossover tube though im guessing it links the heat exchangers under the rails. ill check the parts diagram on both sleds and see if i can make sense of it. also when can i expect that little fan to come on? id like to know it works before i ride and find out the hard way. and id like to install a temp sensor and gauge . any ideas on one that works well and can handle extreme cold? one that is mount friendly also

ulmer racing sells a t for gauge install. i do not run one but he might have one he reccomends.

the fan usually comes on at 180 degrees +

make sure you look at the frame diagram for the 06 attack and 06 apex mtx. appears in the pic at the rear of the tunnel.

ok so i found both diagrams looks like a good idea and only 117 bucks. how easy is it to mount. can i use existing hose from my exchangers from crossover pipe and hook it up ? i

And number 1 on your cooling system checks would be the glycol content of the system. My 06 overheated every time I rode until I diluted my coolant. 100% glycol! Added distilled water until it registered good to -50f and my overheating issues went away. Only time I ever heard the fan kick on was slow riding off trail.

i'd call Barn Of Parts and see if you can get a good used one along with the proper hoses you might need. I'm sure it would be cheaper then a new one. ;)

yea for sure cheaper would be better. appreciate the advice. question= did the extra cooler make a difference in your opinion??

also i thinks odd this sled doesnt have a temp guage. has every thing else in the guage except temp. i look at the temp more than actual rpm or speed mostly.

the extra cooler did on mine, even with the pure glycol. after mixed to 50/50 it was even better.

the hoses are the same.

light comes on in plenty of time for me, so i do not see the need for a gauge.

yea so i was laying under it last night and checking out that pipe and hoses. there is a lip that sticks down about 1/2 inch where tunnel extension is rivited . but looks like it would generally fit. so your saying you just eliminated the crossover pipe and the cooler hooked right up to the original hoses? cause the hoses look like they come through a little lower so the coolers rear curved pipes would have to drop down a bit and then go through .

when it was done, it just went in on my 05 as it was a bullitin on sleds that where overheating to add the rear cooler from the mtx sled. as it was brand new and under warnetee at the time, i paid dealer to do it as they where waffling on coverage if i had done it.

Back