• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PCIII help please

wildbonz

Extreme
I recently bought a PCIII, Ignition module and hub from a TY member. He got it from Ulmer last year and had a couple maps on it.

Anyway, as can be seen in my previous posts I was installing it now. Rockerdan and some others were very helpful with the installation.

The person I bought it from said it was ready to go, plug and play. I was having trouble getting it to communicate with my laptop. I tried various ways, through just the PC with the battery hook up and through the Ignition module with the battery, but it wouldn't communicate or allow firmware update (didn't show files). I searched this site, youtube, dynojet, but couldn't find any more info.

So I figured since it was plug and play and ready to go, I started the sled. It ran for 5 seconds and quit. I started it again, it ran rough and quit. Then it would only sputter and not start.

That's when it got really bad. I turned the key and nothing. Nothing. The pod and gauges didn't come on, no sign of life at all.

I disconnected the PC and hooked up stock. Still nothing. I unhooked the front Ignition connection. Still nothing.

I'm lost. Finally have a perfect day for sledding and I've got a dead sled.
I guess I'll have to take off the pod, the coolant jug, etc. and disconnect the ig mod connection now too.

I'm lost with this, someone please help.

Derek

No, nothing. The pod doesn't even light up. It was running one second, and now it's completely dead.

I guess I'll check the fuses, but that seems unlikely.

Try calling or PM- Allen Ulmer....I aim sure that he will help you out...(very nice guy) and no's his stuff inside and out...

I took it all apart again. Checked the fuses, ignition connections, battery, etc.

I removed all PCIII, Ignition module and hub components.

The sled started working again. I don't know why or what the problem was.

I then reconnected the components one by one and the sled started each time and stayed running.

I brought out the computer, attached it and the battery, and it still says "device not communicating". Then when I unplug it it says "no power commander".

If anyone can help me figure out how to get it to communicate that would be great, that's kinda the point of having it I guess.

Thanks again, sorry for hitting the panic button.

Back