• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PCV and AutoTune

Holy Fricken Moly!!!

Do you think they could have gotten the AFR's a little more even??? WOW!

Nicely done on the PCV. Is this going to be the standard controller with Allen's boost kits?

Im going to post what i did on snowest since I love talking about this kind of thing:

The PCIII has timing control so im sure its coming for this, if not out already. I really like the idea of the autotune. This is kind of like the rapid bike tuning bike except it is left on all the time vs just used to build a map and taken off. That and the tuning bike is over $4000 vs $250 for the auto tune. Kind of a no brainer really.

If this works for Ulmer Racing this year I will seriously look at this setup for my Powderlites kit for next year. If I can get the rb3 to work the way i want i might leave it but right now im not 100% happy with it.

Maybe rapid bike will come out with something more reasonably priced though since it is a direct competitor of power commander. Competition is a good thing.

--------------------------------

I should elaborate a bit on the auto tune. I would not trust it to make adjustments to my boost columns. Even a few milliseconds of delay while it adjusts fueling could be destructive to your engine(detonation). The auto tune will work wonders for part throttle tuning, which is the hardest to do. Boost tuning is quite easy really. Add lots of fuel and as long as its not above 12.5 you are good to go.

Allen,

I see it has a 0-5 volt input on it so you could hook up the map sensor to that and use it to build maps which are RPM vs Load.

My question is, do you know if you can also use the factory TPS sensor to adjust the accelerator pump circuit to help out with the on off throttle hesitations that are commonplace on the turbo setups?

Thanks

Got my PCV and AutoTune a weekago for my nytro. Still have a lot to do before I get it on my sled, hopefully there is some maps out by the time I get it on, if not and I get my sled done in time I will throw a dyno on it and see what I come up with. NEED more TIME :o| :o|

Its a move in the right direction that is for sure. However, a true standalone will monitor water temp, baro pressure, intake temps, boost temps etc etc. I think its nice but also limited, time will tell but hopefully it will work out and give us the consumer another option for fuel control. ;)!

all true, but there is always compromise, when you are talking weight being an issue...

scmurs said:
Holy Fricken Moly!!!

Do you think they could have gotten the AFR's a little more even??? WOW!

Nicely done on the PCV. Is this going to be the standard controller with Allen's boost kits?

I think this is the TARGET map, not the actual recorded af numbers.

My guess anyway.

tapex_07 said:
WOW that is sweet!! I bet its not easy on the pocketbook..

I want one...

I believe the whole package is roughly $600...So, not bad at all for what you get...

yamahaboy701 said:
Got my PCV and AutoTune a weekago for my nytro. Still have a lot to do before I get it on my sled, hopefully there is some maps out by the time I get it on, if not and I get my sled done in time I will throw a dyno on it and see what I come up with. NEED more TIME :o| :o|

Any update?

So what was the verdict with these this year? How was it on a stock machine, if anyone tried it.

i've been using the PCV and auto tune for the last few months on my home built turbo nytro. there was some time involved in learning the program and how to set it up. the auto tune works great for fine tuning. i had to get the fuel map close and then used the auto tune to fine tune small "chunks" of the map at one time. i'm mostly using it at 80% to 100% throttle to build values for my pressure table.
on a stock motor, the auto tune should work fine for building maps fairly quick. you just put in the afr's for a given throttle and rpm and let it do its thing. the only draw back is that power commander doesn't have any maps or afr tables for sleds right now. so you are kind of on your own for coming up with the right values or find someone who can help.
it has taken three months to get my map worked out close enough to take advantage of the auto tune feature.

Back