• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phaser mtx code 81 won't start or crank

V-maximum

Extreme
Won't start or crank over. No fuel pump kicking in. If I hold the key it flashes 81 then 43 I've checked all the connectors they all seem good where are the grounds on this sled? Any help would be great. It was working perfect the wife shut it off for five minutes and then it would start n cut out now it does not even turn over at all. It's not the battery and I've checked all the fuses. Thanks for the help

V-maximum said:
Won't start or crank over. No fuel pump kicking in. If I hold the key it flashes 81 then 43 I've checked all the connectors they all seem good where are the grounds on this sled? Any help would be great. It was working perfect the wife shut it off for five minutes and then it would start n cut out now it does not even turn over at all. It's not the battery and I've checked all the fuses. Thanks for the help

43: ECU is unable to monitor the battery voltage (an open or short circuit in the
line to the ECU).

First thing I would try in this case is making 100% sure the battery is charged and good, if possible try a different battery all together.

Try replacing the fuel pump relay.

Also check the grounding block by the rad on the right hand side of the sled. What year Phazer is it?

Hang on here I’m kinda new to sleds I also have the exact same kinda problem but what is the rad thing your speaking of?! And which relay is for the fuel pump and can they be exchanged? I couldn’t find it in the owners Manuel I also hear a very faint alarm sound like beep beep beep so I brought it to the state police cuz I thought that maybe I’d been scammed into buying something stolen but they said it was all good so here I am now clueless to
Get this going before all the snow melts so can someone please help me out thanks!! It’s a 2007 phazer mtx

your sled is back feeding through the back up alarm jeff. i would clean and re-do the grounding c blocks like stated above as they cause a lot of problems.

just bought my son an 08 phazer mtx and gave code 26 and 11 turns over but no spark could this be the grounding block as it looks to be burnt at one end through the yellow jacket.

For code 11, possibly. Fix the ground first as per the bulletin. If the code is still present after, there's something going on with the cylinder identification sensor.

For code 26, that's just a disconnected sensor hose on the air box.

yes I replaced the air box hose but still code and also no spark was wondering if it is possible that burnt groud block cause both as they happen within 30 seconds of one and other but yes I am going to order grounding block fix as it is melted and burnt black on one end thanks for your help.

Both could be caused by the bad ground.

Back