• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Acceleration

pistol

Pro
Yamaha is still working on final specs for the Phazer... I have read the posts on Top Speed ( i.e. somewhere in the 80mph range) ... but what I want to know is the acceleration of this thing... Does it equal a Vector too 80mph or ?????

I wish it accellorated like a Vector to 80mph. If it did, they could not build enough of them to sell. It accellorates like the last Phazer built (500cc Fan). Ride and handeling is excellent. Hope they up the power for 08.

I hope I dont get killed for this one but here goes.

80 on the speedo or 80 real gps mph? My rage runs about 104 on the speedo but on my gps 87 was the beast I could ever squeeze out of her.

Talked to the guy that wrenches all our sleds (great sled tech) and he told me 85 to 90 gps was all I would get.

If my new phazer runs 80 gps thats flyin.

just my opinion

Dave

My buddy watched some guys test ride the new phazer..

He said it was the slowest excellerating sled he had ever seen and tippy too..

Hope they are better in productin than they are in testing

I honestly think the 2stroke phazer accellerated faster.It is a fun little sled though.

I think the Phazer is aimed more towards people who are more interested in a high quality entry sled. They will know they are not buying the hardest charging sled but don't need that. A nice light sled with great fuel mileage is more of what they want.

The 4 stroke Phazer is way faster than the old PZ480 the 480 only had 53HP the new Phazer has 80 and a much more aggressive track. It should run with the SX500 and maybe even a Venom. We demo rode a Phazer at the Lake Geneva snow cross event and it is awesome! They had a cool little course set up on the ski hill. Super lite, great suspension, fun with goo acceleration for a 500. Looked at the Phazer next to the new Cat F5 and the Phazer is tiny in comparison and they both have the same power (new cat 84hp). It will be a fun sled.

I’m willing to bet their will be a larger brother to the phazer for the following year. Can you say twin 450s? Maybe around 100-110 hp range with minimal weight gains. I bet I’m not to far off on this guess! This would definitely draw a new crowd including myself. Still will keep the RTX though.

Nice to see yamaha expand their lineup and fill in the missing segments that were long overdue. Most of us owned a smaller Yamaha in our younger years and became Yamaha faithfuls because of it. I think it was time for Yamaha to rebuild their youth loyalty.

Dan

I'm thinking there's a nuff room on the magneto side for a nother cyl.. Keeping the same bore x stroke, to make a 3 cyl. 750cc.

Attachments

• 07_phazer_fx_blue_FrontView-motor.jpg
    07_phazer_fx_blue_FrontView-motor.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 164
I rode the Phazer in Munising too and that is probably the most fun I have had on a sled since the first ride on my 02 Viper. It is definitely no rocket, but I didn't expect it to be. What I did like was the great ergos. I am 6'5" and could actually stand up and ride this sled. In tight twisty trails I prefer this over any sled I have ever owned. I thought the handling was fantastic. I really would have liked to go another 20-30 miles on it.

Phazer GT

So those of you that have ridden the Phazer believe this will be a great sled for my 14 year old son?

Thanks,

Dog

Why does everyone still want a tripple? Screw the tripple 700 twin with no gear reduction. Theres no room for a tripple in sno-x period.

Bluedog,

A fantastic sled for a 14 year old kid!! Makes me want to bwe 14 again.

Back