• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER cant idle anymore

PHAZER_NICK

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
PHAZER MTX 2009
Hi guys,

I had almost no issues so far with my 2009 Phazer mtx until last week. It was the second ride of the season, sled started fine and ran fine for about 30 minutes. I was clearing trails so I was stopping the sled to move limbs out of the way and everything was fine sled was idling at about 1800 RPM no issues. After a while I had to stop again but this time the sled just died as soon as I let go of the throttle. In order to get it to restart I had to give it some throttle and as soon as I let go sled would die on me almost instantly. Once started I was able to ride normally even at WOT everything was running fine but each time I let go of the throttle sled just stop. Next morning I tried to restart it but its not restarting anymore. I had no codes on the display. Any ideas on what might be going on in there before I start pulling plastics?

Pop the air box cover and see if anything got sucked into the idle bleed port. Not very likely but anything is possible.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Hi Chinger, unfortunatly no. I removed the airbox and did not find anything suspicious. I plan to bring it to the dealer when I have some spare time. I will update this post when I find something. Please do the same if you find something before me, it might give me a few pointers to help the dealer pinpoint the issue. Thanks

definitely not exhaust gaskets, seen them do funny things to running condition but not this. Think I solved the issue. Sled came in pieces and complained of code 12. so i changed the pickup coil and it fired right up put everything back together and found this issue later on once the sled got good and warm. after tying everything I checked compression and it was low. did a leak down and sounded like it was coming out the exhaust valves. then i remembered i had a similar issue with a high mile apex last year that wouldnt start good in the cold and once warm didnt want to idle. so i checked valve clearance. exhaust valves were tight so i did an adjustment and it idles good now and sent it home with the customer and havent heard back....

Back