• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Cold Start/Fuel Pump

Brent_P said:
Weapon X said:
ya carry relays in my back pack

LOL, if we had to carry everything that could potentially happen on these sleds we'd need to tow a sled behind us. Albeit, that is a good idea!!!

List for tomorrows ride:

- Spare starter relay
- Spare Fuel pump relay
- rubber mallet for beating ice off tunnel/running boards
- hair dryer
- nylon string to tie up ball joints when they fall apart
- chemical heat pads for hand warmers
- booster cables
- spare plugs
- strap or rope to pull over via clutch if battery fails and no one to boost from
- metal gussets and more string to tie up rear link when it breaks
- extra filters for my MCX when it freezes solid and I get a rich condition

Anyone else wanna add to the list for a trouble free phazer ride?

Lol you forgot the yam generator to run the hair dryer.

Which relay is the fuel pump relay? Looks like there are 4 or 5 behind the battery. Would like to know which one it is so I know which one to warm up. I have a 2007 GT.

FYI - also had the same problem with my 2006 Apex ER.

Looking at battery I believe it is the bottom row far right? Thats how my Mnt lite is.

Old topic but for the first time it happened to me.

FYI there are Seven Relays

Four on the top row, Three more below.

On the top row, it is #3 as you are counting left to right

Ditto, first time it happened to mine also was this weekend. Lucky someone had a new red style relay for me to put in.

Replace the old relay with 8GN-81950-00 its a new updated "contactless" relay
The new one is red in colour opposed to the old black one.
most dealers will stock this.

RoicIND said:
Old topic but for the first time it happened to me.

FYI there are Seven Relays

Four on the top row, Three more below.

On the top row, it is #3 as you are counting left to right

Not every time. On mine they were put in on the opposite holder so I had to go by the colour of the wiring to find the correct relay.

I have 3 sleds and all were different. I think it has to do with who is taping up the harness that day in Japan.

Replace the old relay with 8GN-81950-00 its a new updated "contactless" relay
The new one is red in colour opposed to the old black one.
most dealers will stock this.
Is there a chance that it's not the relay? This happened to me the other day had to get towed back and then the sled started , but if the relay froze would it still click? Mine was clicking.. Also my dealer wants $50 for a new relay which isn't bad if this is the issue but with an this being the first time and an intermittent issue its hard to know for sure

Is there a chance that it's not the relay? This happened to me the other day had to get towed back and then the sled started , but if the relay froze would it still click? Mine was clicking.. Also my dealer wants $50 for a new relay which isn't bad if this is the issue but with an this being the first time and an intermittent issue its hard to know for sure
With the new relay I'd also change solinoid. Same issue with my 07 couple years back.
Crazy pricing here in cda!!! EH? :confused:

With the new relay I'd also change solinoid. Same issue with my 07 couple years back.
Crazy pricing here in cda!!! EH? :confused:
Except I called winnipeg and they told me $17... Right confused Thunder Bay is $50? Shouldn't it all ve the same lol fml Yamaha dealer monopoly here

Except I called winnipeg and they told me $17... Right confused Thunder Bay is $50? Shouldn't it all ve the same lol fml Yamaha dealer monopoly here
I deal with Terries Yamaha in SK.
They just mail me what I can wait for.
Just got home from dealer in wpg. With br9 plugs for my PHAZER. Looks like I'm making another hour trip to get what I actually need.
My bad tho, usually I go in with part numbers written down juuuuuuust to make sure.

Edit: Terries cycle in weyburn sk.

Back