• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Dry Weight

Paul_Aris

Website
www.gobigparts.com
Anyone know the dry weight of the Phazer? I went on a Yamaha demo ride yesterday. Thought the viper was cool but not the HP and weight I am used to with my ProRMK. We switched sleds a lot so I got to ride the Viper 141, 137 and 121. I also told the rep in the back that I wanted to ride the Phazer he was on so I ended the day on that. Fun sled and I thought it would be great for my 14 year old son. My Pro sits up like a dirt bike and so did the phazer.

Is there any simple power mods for these or anything I should look out for if buying used?

I think wet its 485lbs for the 121" great sled for a kid, takes some body english to ride it..he will enjoy that..most put an Ulmer clutch kit on it, a slip on and some air intake pods..you can get another 10hp with that..if your looking at an 07 make sure the updates have been done, you don't have to worry about the motor if its been serviced..there are alot out there between $3-4 grand..might want to get a roll over valve if he is a ditch banger or future ditch banger..oh the stock skis suck and so does the track..1.5 freeride for a track and slydog trail hounds for the skis..thats a good set up..

Paul_Aris said:
What does the rollover valve do?

Stops the oil from running out the oil tank when the sled is on it's side. Don't put on a "cheap" this should work valve unless you want to put a new motor in it. Don't ask how I know this.

Some good deals out there for leftovers, I've seen new 13's on Craigslist for under 6000$ new. I'm almost tempted to grab a new 14' xtx I seen for 6299$

My daughter is going on year two on her mtx. Been a great sled for her. My wife just picked up a turbo'd one. She was tired of horsing her apex around. They are a lot of fun and are pretty easy to ride.

mysledblows said:
My daughter is going on year two on her mtx. Been a great sled for her. My wife just picked up a turbo'd one. She was tired of horsing her apex around. They are a lot of fun and are pretty easy to ride.

How old is your daughter and does she handle the sled well? Yeah, I wouldn't want to horse an Apex around off trail either. You have to be a pretty die hard Yamaha guy to even consider doing that. LOL. The Polaris is almost like cheating off trail. Hardly even tired at the end of the day.

She 14 and is starting to get around really well. She was on a first gen pogo style the first couple years so there has been a learning curve. Her biggest issue has been learning to ride with momentum and being smoother. Wife did about 40 miles in the brush on the turbo phazer yesterday. It wouldn't bother me much if I found another one this summer. I think I'd send my turbo pex down the road.

Back