• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer FX fan, radiator guard and tunnel closure

Here's some mods to my FX.

Attachments

• 2007 Yamaha Phazer 007.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 007.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 008.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 008.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 598
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 009.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 009.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 010.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 010.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 011.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 011.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 356

Excellent job!!! That is the nicest rad job I have seen so far, a whole lot better than gutter guard. This fall I will be looking for this when I get mine, so could you make up a hand sketch in advance and e-mail it to me??? How much is the fan?? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks and once again great job. Morgan.

My ride

Here's a couple of pictures of my ride.

Attachments

• 2007 Yamaha Phazer 001.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 2007 Yamaha Phazer 002.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Phazer 002.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 388
Nice looking job. Have you got much time on it since you closed off tunnel and did you close off both holes? Any overheating problems under the seat? Did you wrap the exhaust with any heat tape or anything?

I have 350 miles on the mods with no problems at all. Only the rear hole is closed, but I plan on doing the front as well. I will wrap the front exhaust with motorcycle heat tape. The perforated grill guard is stainless steel from onlinemetals.com.

Nice lookin job on the rad cover... Nice lookin ride as well!

Have you tried it yet? Wondering if it clogs with powder?
Why bother to cover the whole rad when only the top portion is open to the elements?

I've gotta do a cover for my sled during the off season!
Holes do look a little small, but this is the nicest cover I've seen so far.

5 ski tips out of 5 .... kewl

Nice job FLYBOY, same stuff I used but mine is aluminum. Here's a picture of mine for those who want to keep snow and ice from forming in the side panel. I have a Mountain Lite and never have had a problem with it clogging or overheating but it does have the fan on it. Air flow through that perferated screen 78%, I have 1000 miles on since install works great and no fear of the sticks or anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 294
Nice job FLYBOY, same stuff I used but mine is aluminum. Here's a picture of mine for those who want to keep snow and ice from forming in the side panel. I have a Mountain Lite and never have had a problem with it clogging or overheating but it does have the fan on it. Air flow through that perferated screen 78%, I have 1000 miles on since install works great and no fear of the sticks or anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 272
OST: No, I have not tried it in deep power. The guard is held about 1/2" from the face of radiator and with the fan it should suck air in from around the sides of the perforated face should it clog. I covered the entire grill because the mounting bolt I used to attach the guard on the front of the radiator is down so low. It would have been harder to construct a partial cover, although possible. I just wanted to protect the entire radiator face. My design is removable with no alteration to the sled.

Upbushman: Nice design too! I considered your design also because it protects every square inch of the radiator. I didn't think I could make the complex bends to fit as well as you did. Your design is what should have come from the factory along with the fan on all models. With the fan, the sled can idle all day with no problems. You may not need that feature until the one day you almost didn't get the sled running and now you're stuck and the thing is starting to overheat. Do I shut it down with no restart or do I chance damaging the motor?

Back