• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer GT Custom Updates

3-UP

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Phazer GT
Well at the end of last season when I bought the sled I made a aluminum rear grab bar, cut down a 1-3/4 snocross track, blocked off the tunnel, relocated the speedo and neatened up all the cables etc with split braided loom. Oh and stuck on a GYTR/Ultra Q muffler.

Attachments

• P1000310.JPG
    P1000310.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 417
  • P1000303.JPG
    P1000303.JPG
    541.2 KB · Views: 316
  • P1000304.JPG
    P1000304.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 410
  • P1000306.JPG
    P1000306.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 289
  • P1000302.JPG
    P1000302.JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 373

This week I decided I better beef up the rear arm as I don't need it breaking in the middle of the short season, well why not just make a 4130 one instead ;)! Now theres a ton of snow out and I dont know weather to stick it back together and go ride or put all the new front bushings, oil filter/oil , starter loctite bolts , rollervalve etc.. on? I've been collecting parts all summer.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    408.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 243
The rollover valve and the front bushings are a good afternoon of labour and IMO a must. The oil and filter is pretty well a no brainer and just think no worries for the rest of the season. How old is the filter? There is no requirement to change this after the initial break in filter for 22000 kms. It looks like an 08 so is the starter bolt Loctite a must on these? Other than that it looks awesome!!

Like what you've done. ;)! Any issues with re-locating the guage to the front of bar riser? What SNX track are you using... what pitch and how does it hook up?

The sled has very low klm I bought it with 690lkm last year and didn't put allot on it , I doubt they changed the filter after break in so I might as well change it now. I guess I will do all the front end stuff now and get it over with. The gauge relocation was not bad just had to redo the bracket. The track is off a polaris with the same 2.52 pitch which I cut down to 14-1/4 wide,hooks up very well, some pro-x 440 sleds came with the 14 wide track.

Got the skid all back together,new hyfax, low snow wheels and x-clicks adjusters. Oh and the AC upper idlers ;)!

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 254
Thanks, borrowed my buddies tubing notcher which made things soo much easier, tigged it all up and powdercoated it.

Very nice work! Love that rear bumper. Yeah, those AC wheels should be the solution to the flat spotting most Phazers suffer from.

Did the starter bolts today, cheated and shaved the bracket on the engine thats in the way, also changed oil & filter. Now its the install of UpBushmans steering bushing kit & outer lower balljoints. Man I collected allot of stuff over the summer..

My sled doesn't even have 1000km on it yet so It does not need everything,but close, man they fall apart fast. I installed Up Bushmans steering kit, fit like a dream, instaled the updated outer lower balljoints , and turned 2mm off the upper balljoints. Man I love my new lathe , wish I had bought it years ago ;)! I got allot of parts left to install and the amount of rain and heat were getting is killing all our snow fast so it looks like I will get time to do everything on my list, well most of it.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 239
I hear ya! We're getting up 8C and 30mm of rain on Saturday. Going for a ride tonight as it might be a while. But this should give us the time to extend my son's GT to 144".

Back