• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer idle screw maxed out

fixit

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
PHAZER
Hi I am a newbie to 4 stroke sleds , just picked up a uses phazer and it was stalling when we would touch the throttle, now adjusted the idle screw but is maxed out and rpm only at 1600, can I use the set screw on the butterflies(same side as throttle cable ) without screwing up the throttle sensor on opposite side of body

Try bypassing the tors and test it. The switch on the bars can act funky when it wears out and it behaves like that.

I have done the plugs, siphoned tank dry and put in 91 octane , it does not stall anymore now that it idles at 1650 and now responds well, but would like to see 1800 .I stuck a wedge in at the throttle to simulate adjusting the butterfly set screw on body to bring up rpm and now can adjust the idle screw down a few turn, wondering if that is what I should do , hopefully does not affect starting in winter weather

the screw still has the original yellow paint on it , has never been moved , I guess I will give it a try

I am thinking clogged pilot jet. did you clean the carbs?

all 4 stroke phazersare fuel injected sxr70001.

well I tried adjusting the set screw on the throttle body, turned it in and then started the machine only to have the TORS act up , so I guess the sensor at the other end of the throttle body is part of the TORS system , so it will stay the way it was with the idle screw all the way in , Maxed out

Is it possible that the idle air circuit in the throttle body is gummed up?
I know mine has needed 1 or 2 turns (idle screw) in every so often, and I have wondered why.

would you know where the idle srcew air circuit is located, I sure would like to put a little gas or sea foam in there then blow it out with air

There is a 1/2" hole between the two butterfly valves. that is the idle air intake. I don't know how it gets fuel at idle.

Back