• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer loose steering

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
A88F729E-1AA0-43CE-A741-7A20DA5C475C.jpeg
whats the best kit out there to tighten up the steering slip on a 2007 gt? I found this heavy duty bearing kit on Yamaha website anyone try it? Also the tie rod ends in the spindles those bolts are sure loose. I tried searching but found little info on this kit.

View attachment 134308 whats the best kit out there to tighten up the steering slip on a 2007 gt? I found this heavy duty bearing kit on Yamaha website anyone try it? Also the tie rod ends in the spindles those bolts are sure loose. I tried searching but found little info on this kit.
This inner tie rod bearing kit helps a lot. I installed this kit, plus OFT steering blocks, and UPBushmans spindle kit on my 09' Phazer and the steering on my sled has never been so tight and slop free! G.B.

Yeah the steering block is slopped out to. Thanks for the reply.

Could you let me know how the kit works?

I looked at it two years ago but my dealers mechanic didn’t think much of it so I never bothered to order it.

Forsure. I bought a used gt and the steering is very sloppy around that area where these bearings go. So I’m thinking it will do nothing but good. Will post when I get it installed.

Also noticed that the inner tie rod ends are bent along with the steering rods. Anyone have luck straightening the rods? Just a slight tweak on the end of each one. Tie rod ends are garbage.

Do y
View attachment 134308 whats the best kit out there to tighten up the steering slip on a 2007 gt? I found this heavy duty bearing kit on Yamaha website anyone try it? Also the tie rod ends in the spindles those bolts are sure loose. I tried searching but found little info on this kit.

Do you have the part number? My next summer upgrade.

I installed the Yamaslop factory upgrade. It seems to have taken out about 50% of the play. Passing the bolt through one of them was a major PITA, not something I'd do again.

The golden rule of striking the outer race of a bearing to seat it does NOT apply to the above pictured OEM kit. I figured it out after the 3rd-4th hit. I slightly damaged it but not enough to justify a replacement. It'll never do a full rotation anyways.

Also noticed that the inner tie rod ends are bent along with the steering rods. Anyone have luck straightening the rods? Just a slight tweak on the end of each one. Tie rod ends are garbage.

If you take them to a machine shop, they can press them straight again. I fixed a few rods this way.

I just installed this kit and put 400km on it now. No change in sloppy steering. 12k on dial.

That kit is OK, but does not address the vertical play the steering has.
Watch this vid (after 500km put on). I added some machine bushings to take up some of the vertical slop, but seriously the UPBushman kit is the only one that delivers. Not sure if he's around anymore, been a long time since he blew up his engine and went to a Polaris.

That kit is OK, but does not address the vertical play the steering has.
Watch this vid (after 500km put on). I added some machine bushings to take up some of the vertical slop, but seriously the UPBushman kit is the only one that delivers. Not sure if he's around anymore, been a long time since he blew up his engine and went to a Polaris.

He is still around. He sent me some UPBushmans spindle kits in December.

Was a pain to do that kit. Had to file down rough edges on new machines pieces to slide my stock bushing in. To be honest, aggressive rider here, I truely don’t notice the play in any trail conditions.

Back