• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer MTX Questions

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Phazer MTX 2007
I want to work on my 2007 Phazer MTX this summer I already need to take the front suspension assembly off to do some bushings and a-arm work. My uncle has some fox floats 2 will those fit on this?
I'm looking into getting a bit more power out of it and losing weight. What can I do?
Will an intake do anything will I really see a difference in an exhaust. And what can I do to make it lighter??
Of course I don't want to to anything to the motor itself to get power.

Last edited:

Your not going to gain to much HP with some of the gimmicks that are out there telling you big gains unless you are planning on putting on a turbo, just make sure your engine is running at the right Rpm, not over reving, just make good use of the power you have, floats are alright but coils ride better, only thing I found that made a difference on my xtx Phazer was a helix I got from Schmidt Bros Motorsports, stock clutching is right on it seems in these Phazers so don't be mislead to thinking your going to make it better with a kit unless you need to for getting the engine in the right RPM range, the MTX runs lower gearing for deep snow, so if that's where you hang out all the time don't mess with it. hope this helps

Last edited:
Switching to a YVXC secondary clutch woke this machine up big time

Realistically exhaust gives a few hp only.

Fuel controller maybe a couple hp

Opening up the air intake with some Frogzskins actually does add 4hp.

But yeah clutching big time sucks on the Phazer stock. 11,250rpm is your target for WOT

Back