• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer oil leak

black07fx

Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 phazer
was out in the shop today and noticed a small puddle of oil under the phazer . checked the oil level and it was below the low mark . took the frontend off so i could check it out and i need to change the oil and and filter ! but it looks like it may be leaking on the back side of the motor maybe around the starter anyone ever seen that or is that even possible ?

I have never seen that but keep us informed as to what you find out.

Guessing from your screen name, you must have an '07? If it's coming from an area near the back of the engine, I would check to see if it is chaincase fluid. If I remember correctly, most (if not all) 2007 Phazers had a shorter transfer tube from the chain case area to the reverse gearbox, which can allow some fluid to leak out occasionally. The oil then runs down the inside of the right 'side plate' and drips out of the bottom of the machine. If this looks like what you're seeing, it's a pretty easy fix. There is an updated 'oil pipe' that can be replaced next time the chain case cover is off.

If it's definitely not chain case oil, then I'd check some of the fittings and hose connections around the bottom of the oil tank, as well as the hose leading into the side of the oil tank. Beyond that, I'm not sure where else it would be coming from. Hopefully this helps! :)

X2. Or There is a Oring on snout of starter. That could be bad. If you have starter out be sure to Loctite the bolts which sandwich the starter itself together. Those tend to come loose and starter will not work then. Maybe someone had that issue and had starter out to fix it. Oil will pour out the starter hole so needs to be drained before removal.

Check the block drain plug. Theres also hoses that connect the tank to the block.

thankyou for the replies yes it is an 07 i'm thinking its motor oil because when i checked the chaincase oil it was rite where it should be . there was some oil on the starter and the small line that runs under it over into the block . also the starter was off the sled i think maybe 5 years ago cause of the bolts backing out and the starter spinning . hopefully i will get a chance to take a look at it again after work tomorrow .

sorry i havent been on here in awhile but i replaced the o ring on the snout of the starter and i think that was what was causing the leak will know for sure when i can get out and ride it ! thanks for all the ideas and thoughts

Back