• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer sat for 6 years, won't start

lb288smack

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
2007 Phazer has sat for 6 years. I'm trying to resurrect her. Drained the fuel, changed the oil, replaced spark plugs, all that... it turns over but won't start. Engine light blinks but no codes. Any suggestions?

x2 on the fuel pump.

Yes, fuel pump is cycling as normal.

Is a blinking engine light without any codes normal?

Last edited:
I do not remember for sure on the light but another member was having problems with his injectors hanging up/staying shut on a sled that had sat for a few years.

Spray a little starting fluid in it. If it fires then you know it’s just not getting fuel. Light should not be blinking unless low on fuel or a code. Any code on dash?

Not run for 6 years? Sled is starved for love!!! (And fuel probably as well.)

I do not remember for sure on the light but another member was having problems with his injectors hanging up/staying shut on a sled that had sat for a few years.
Got it to fire up, BARELY runs. No chance in a idle. I'll have to check the injectors. Light still there.

Spray a little starting fluid in it. If it fires then you know it’s just not getting fuel. Light should not be blinking unless low on fuel or a code. Any code on dash?
Codes are 60 and 64 in diagnoses mode? Then nothing. I got it to fire (with a lil WD 40), but BARELY runs. No chance in a idle. But now it does fire up every attempt...

Check the fuel pressure. The pump may be running but may have become permanently gummed up. Could also be the pressure regulator or the return system stuck open or leaking. If all that checks out, I'd pull the injectors and clean them.

Check the fuel pressure. The pump may be running but may have become permanently gummed up. Could also be the pressure regulator or the return system stuck open or leaking. If all that checks out, I'd pull the injectors and clean them.
Pulled the injector. One was really gummed up. Sending out to get cleaned.

glad you found it.

Back