• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Spindle issues.

80h4thephaze

Expert
Hey all,
Everyone check your ball joints on your lower a arm to the spindle because one of mine was so worn the a arm fell down and wore into the spindle. The ball joints are expensive but replace them before they start wearing into your spindle. I got my spindle gouge filled by a welder and the ball joints replaced. I will post pics of my fixed spindle tomorrow. almost 12 000 km on my phazer. Bottom picture is the one that was still good but still gone.

Attachments

• IMG_1149 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1149 (Large).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1152 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1152 (Large).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 138

You're doing good putting on the Kms! Was that the first replacement for the lower balljoints? Mine were replaced at about 4000Km. I think maybe many people are not lifting the front of their sleds to check out the joints and bushings, because everything seems fine with the weight on the frontend.

Yeah mine have been replaced twice now in 4700 miles. Mine got a real slight wear on the spindle but not no where near as bad as yours. I must have noticed mine before it was that bad. The second time I saw pieces of the outside bushing on the ball joint hanging out, so I knew it was shot again.

ball joint replaced on mine at about 3400 kms. yamaha paid for it swell as the cooling fan. SAFETY recall on the ball joints.. should be no cost to u

Mine got replaced before I bought it 1700miles ish. I totaled it out at 4200miles and they were SHOT again, but I think you only get one set free...

Joe

The front ends on these sled are garbage. dont get me wrong, I love my phazer but I have 13500 kms on mine and its on its thrid set of ball joints, and the plastic bushings last about 2000kms :o| I wish they put a little more engineering into the front ends on theses sleds.

driftrider said:
The front ends on these sled are garbage. dont get me wrong, I love my phazer but I have 13500 kms on mine and its on its thrid set of ball joints, and the plastic bushings last about 2000kms :o| I wish they put a little more engineering into the front ends on theses sleds.

o jeez your in for it now didnt u read the post a few days ago. were not allowed to say anything bad about the sleds anymore :Rules: lol sorry had to and yes :ot:

80h4thephaze said:
Well just saying if theres a fix it would be great. any Ideas how to fix it?

When you remove them for replacement see if you can tell a difference in how tight they are pressed into the arm.Make sure no paint is in the bore.I am thinking the bore variances are causing these joints to fail early since some people they seem to last forever.Its going to be kind of hard to do but maybe even a hone of the bore would help.The joint really doesnt have to be a real tight press fit.If the a-arm bore isnt round could also cause premature wear.

Back