• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer to a Nytro?

Ridndirty

Extreme
I've been hanging around on the Phazer forums for a few years, but now my son thinks he likes the Phazer more than I do,so its time for me to move on.Has anyone rode both the Nytro and the Phazer to give me an idea of how they compare, for ride and handling? Also In my group, I'm the only guy on a Yamaha, and the guys with Doo's and Poo's say that unless you install a whistle, a Nytro wont stay with them in the Mountains.There must be some guys running stock sleds still, I'd like to hear your opinions on how well a stock Nytro goes.

I bet the 2010 MTX will be alot better than the -09 in the snow so they might be surpriced.. Although HP is a big deal when highmarking so the 800s will be tough to beat...

I can't give you a good comparison from Phaser to Nytro, if you were happy with the power of the phaser I think you would be extremely happy with almost double the HP. Some people have said after break in the Nytro is produceing 138-142 HP on the dyno. I came off of a two stroke this year onto a Nytro and love it. The reliability so far is great and I love watching all the two stroke guys in the cold morning trying to wheel over those suckers. Having said that, the Nytro isn't going to be apples to apples with a 800 two stroke. They have 10-15 more HP and close to 90lbs less wieght to carry around. Just seeing that on paper you would be kidding yourself if you thought you would ever beat them. I have heard with a few mods you can hang with them pretty well. The track being very high on the priority list. Hope my .02 helps some!

When in the deep, my stock nytro keeps up with the 800's at everything except highmarking. I have yet to have to say "I can't go there" or anything of the sort. When hillclimbing there is no comparison, the 800's leave you in the dust. You can probably do 60-70% what they can. The biggest thing, in my opinion, for good boondocking is having a sled that you click with and can use as an extension of yourself, regardless of brand.

My cousin has been spanking, and I mean spanking, XP's with his stock sled. i cann't atest to how well the doo's were clutched but he has worked on his clutching and it runs very well. He knows the doo dealer and the dealer called and asked him to take it easy on his customers because they were complaining to him that the got spanked by a Nytro and they needed some clutch work and the dealer told they had clutch work done. He put a 156x2.5 CE on (which has made the greatest difference) and I haven't seen any other stock sleds go where he couldn't go.

It doesn't take much riding skill to drag race on flat ground. I could see it if it was a close race but it wasn't even close. albeit it wasn't a long drag race but still. I guess torque rules.

I switched from an 07 Phazer, to an 08 Nytro. Not Mt. riding tho. The biggest difference it the power. Other than that the nytro feels more stable and smother as far as jumping. Over all, they fell the same other than power delivery. Hope this helps! :yam:

Back