• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer XTX ski change

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
Late Feb, 2019, I purchased a 2015 Phazer XTX. I was able to get in a few rides in and loved the machine overall. One gripe and it was a big gripe, is the Tuner skis it came with. I rode in March, so the trails still had a very good base and were packed tight (not icy though). I didn't like the handling in the corners. It felt as though the Tuners were inconsistent in how they behaved in each corner.

So, I'm looking for different skis but I don't need brand new. Mostly a quick affordable fix just to get away from the Tuners. I'm looking for skis and there are a number of C&A Pros available nearby for what I consider reasonable prices.

I'm only familiar with C&A skis from internet research. I've never been on a sled with them.
Between the ADX, RZ, and XT models which I have available locally, what should I consider.
I ride in MN and WI. Mostly on trails but can find areas to go off trail for extended "play" sessions. So trail manners are top priority, extra flotation a close second. I know the XT would be the winner for off trail expeditions but should the deep keel on the XT concern me for extensive trail riding? What else don't I know?

i have a set of curve xs skis on the 09 phazer rtx i turned into an xtx. they work well on the groomed trail and float really well off trail. the only thing the mtx skis do better is the deeper keel on them steers better in fresh/mushy snow as the curves tend to push a bit in those conditions. added bounus of the curve skis is no need to replace spindle hardware, witch is why i put them onto the phazer.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in mind as I search.

Any opinions on the C&A Pros I mentioned since they are readily available and local?

Any suggestions on where to look (internet) for used equipment. Thanks!

never tried c&a skis myself, so idk how they are.

The single keel mountain ski with snow tracker work great on my Apex and Vector not sure on Phazer but I would go that way. I have curves on one Vector and prefer single keel with Snow trackers

The MTX ski is great, never felt the need to try something else on my sled. You WILL need the MTX shaft/spacers though as they use a longer shaft or you can just use a longer bolt and stack washers.

Back