• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up a 7000 cat for a back up sled

RobWarrior

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 FX NYTRO RTX
I grabbed a 2014 ZR7000 LXR for a backup/wife and adult kids ride, anyone have any experience with this model? I'm installing 4th wheel kit and tall windshield, any other must do mods?
Thanks in advance.

other than the clutches and some shock specs, should pretty much be the same as a viper for all the look at prevention stuff. barn of parts wedge and check that bearing at minimum as that and the chain tensioner roller screws seem to be some of the biggest problem areas from what i have read.

other than the clutches and some shock specs, should pretty much be the same as a viper for all the look at prevention stuff. barn of parts wedge and check that bearing at minimum as that and the chain tensioner roller screws seem to be some of the biggest problem areas from what i have read.
Thanks for the info, was chain tensioner a warranty issue? I plan on doing the bearings

if it failed before it expired yes for the roller.

Hi
14's had exhaust can that cracked. Was fixed by late 15. Be careful with that it can cause some real damage to belly pan. Most important update is the Flash. Check at dealer to make sure it has the latest flash in it. Some of the 14 Cats also over revved after breakin. Dealer would put heavier weights in.

Hi
14's had exhaust can that cracked. Was fixed by late 15. Be careful with that it can cause some real damage to belly pan. Most important update is the Flash. Check at dealer to make sure it has the latest flash in it. Some of the 14 Cats also over revved after breakin. Dealer would put heavier weights in.
Thanks for the reply, I think it has the latest flash. Did the exhaust crack in the same place all the time? Where, I'd like to check into this.

Just finished Changing the upper gear to 24tooth today on mine. Can’t wait to try it out. Still want to do the free air box mod and buy thunder products clutch kit.

24t was a great upgrade so far. No loss of low end and hit 82 mph like it was nothing had to let off because of an upcoming curve. It was still pulling hard!

Back