• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

picked up a cat 4 stroke

sgilbert

TY 4 Stroke Guru
not sure I am getting rid of the nytro just yet, will wait for snow to see how it goes.
nice backyard find. little fuel and ignition work and runs great. has "shaper" bars, can be any shape you like. I think I will restore and keep this one. have long lost my love for vintage sleds, but this being a 4 stroke, should be pretty comical to see on the trails.
here's a couple of links on the only info I could find. http://www.vintagesledders.com/index.php?start=90
http://www.vintagesledders.com/forums/i ... ic=880.160

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 98

Rare find for sure. I thought the Cat 660 four stroke was the first on snow followed by the RX. Very cool for sure. Full circle.

Cool! Good luck! I had a couple of Panthers and Cheetah's tough old sleds and Heavy for sure!

Ya, appearantly 5 valve genesis is old news. cat outsourced this one to kohler. features flat head, points and a carter carb. easily capable of rpms in the high 3000s

Sweet. I picked up a 71 panther two years ago that was sitting out in a field. It has the 303 wankel. I have it running good now and when we finally get some snow I'm looking forward to riding it!

My first sled was a `71 Panther with the 303 wankel. It had been stored in a barn for who knows how long. Was in great shape other than the tank being completely rotted out and the engine wouldn't run. I took the engine apart (very carefully!) and got all the old carbon out and unstuck the side/apex seals. What a great sled for a beginner to learn on. So much fun and it had a unique sound. Almost like a helicopter coming in for landing. Ended up selling it for $300 a few years later. Wished I had kept it...

Thats why I dont bother with vintage much anymore, usually ends up worthless. have had countless vintage sleds, restored many. these days, its hard to even get a couple hundered out of them. just a couple of years ago, had a 69 wankel panther with less than 100 miles on it, with cat cover, owners manuel and a can of rotolube. ran perfect. owner had won it at a fishing derby in 69. couldn't get anything for it and traded it off for some lawn equiptment. hope that because this one is a 4 stroke, it may have better value.

Back