• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PICs of my Inline filters installed!!

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
I decided to take no chances ... seeing how i removed the screens from the carbs....

These filters i got at the local autoparts store for a brigs and stratton engine..

cost $3.30 each

Will they handle the fuel flow seeing that they were designed for a small engine? I picked up a couple at Advance auto that are about the size of a golf ball.

Im sure they will do fine!!! The hoses on the fuel pumps arnt that big...

And there isnt that much fuel pressure VERY LITTLE in fact... Like freddie said its very unlikely you will ever suck the fuel bowls dry!!

Those are exactly the same filters you can buy at bike shops for ATVs, dirt bikes, etc. I used to use them on my Honda XR600 and I never had a problem. That bike didn't hit the revs our sleds do, but it was still a 600 with one filter vs. a 1000 with two. Shouldn't be a problem.

Jim

fuel pumps

fuel pumps flow 65 liters one the highest flow that i have seen from a vac fuel pump. whats wrong with the factory oem filters in the tank? they are large.

Black John,
Don't you know that if those incompetent Yamaha engineers decided that the screens are the best filter, you have to get rid of it, and get a part at a hardware store to replace it?

Back