• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pictures of apex mnt'n...

Fast eddy-Climbmax and myself rode Revelstoke yesterday, and im from Kelowna.

NBsledder- difficult conditions to give it a true test because theres zero base. But it felt great, bars are way to low for me. Im addin 4 inches to stock height. It floated and surfed in the pow Awesome !! Easy to dance it around.

Power was bang on 150hp id say, felt very smooth, power full and throttle is very snappy.

Darko said:

NBsledder- difficult conditions to give it a true test because theres zero base. But it felt great, bars are way to low for me. Im addin 4 inches to stock height. It floated and surfed in the pow Awesome !! Easy to dance it around.

Power was bang on 150hp id say, felt very smooth, power full and throttle is very snappy.

D, now you need to mod you signature to say "all I need is boost" ;)! .

We have snow too but alas I'm still waiting for MPI to get me my parts. My '03 RX-1 M looks ready with the Fly Aeros and 8" risers but, It won't go without a longer throttle cable and damn sure isn't stopping without the longer brake line :o| .

More pics for you LE700!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 126
Darko said:

Question is, what was Climbmax riding?!

Yammerhead said:
Darko said:

Ohhhhhh, a mellow 300 hp turbo'd MCX rx1.

Hehe

Darko said:
Yammerhead said:
Darko said:

Ohhhhhh, a mellow 300 hp turbo'd MCX rx1.

Hehe

Awww, he was on his backup sled! Thought he might have a gonzo APEX out on a maiden voyage. C'mon, spill the beans, what's he going to be runnin on his Apex this year? 8)

obr,
You are right, there is hardly any room. Just enough though. Had to take the cable park brake off to get the left controls to slide over enough. I was going to delete that parking system anyway. I've seen a different mount system for hand guards that will let you run a left hand throttle also. They attach inside of the mountain strap mounts on the handlebar.

One more pic......Got these decals on every rig and sled I own!

LOL I just had a thought... Maybe I wouldn't have this sled if the environuts hadn't made a 'stink' over 2 smokes!!! Should I be thanking them instead....... Nnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Bastagges won't quit 'till I'm stuck snowmobiling indoors and the whole country is off limits to everything. OK I'm done now.........

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 111
snosfun said:
obr,
You are right, there is hardly any room. Just enough though. Had to take the cable park brake off to get the left controls to slide over enough. I was going to delete that parking system anyway. I've seen a different mount system for hand guards that will let you run a left hand throttle also. They attach inside of the mountain strap mounts on the handlebar.

One more pic......Got these decals on every rig and sled I own!

LOL I just had a thought... Maybe I wouldn't have this sled if the environuts hadn't made a 'stink' over 2 smokes!!! Should I be thanking them instead....... Nnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Bastagges won't quit 'till I'm stuck snowmobiling indoors and the whole country is off limits to everything. OK I'm done now.........

ok, thanks for the info, I have a set of those powermad's and thought about putting them on as we have a lot of cold weather in the beginning of the season, but don't think I wan't to sacrifice my brake assembly. Maybe I can figure it out when I get that sled... can't wait :Rockon:

More pics. Today. Skyland road. 14"+ back in about 12 miles. It's a good start. I didn't even get a first ride until Jan. last year.
Let me just say this sled is awsome and I love it. Thanks to all the people who gave rider reports from last spring. You guys nailed it even with your short rides. Did I say I love it?? Can't imagine what this thing is going to do with a turbo. :shock:
My 4 year old daughter loves snowmobiling with me. As long as she stays warm she's fine. The exhaust outlets make nice hand and glove warmers. ;)!
Oh and another thing, Yamaha break in recommendations suck. There is no way a guy can keep this thing under 6,000 rpm (=22 mph) for 100 miles. I can't anyway! :D 8,000 would be more like it (=45mph).

obr, get the mpi weightless parking brake to convert to a normal parking set up like the other brands. Plus you lose a little weight.

Attachments

• alyssaapex2.JPG
    alyssaapex2.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 120
  • alyssaapex3.JPG
    alyssaapex3.JPG
    455.6 KB · Views: 121
  • alyssaapex4.JPG
    alyssaapex4.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 113
  • alyssaapex5.JPG
    alyssaapex5.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 126
Yammerhead said:
Awww, he was on his backup sled! Thought he might have a gonzo APEX out on a maiden voyage. C'mon, spill the beans, what's he going to be runnin on his Apex this year? 8)

Here is what Randy will be riding according to his post on the Team Thunderstuck Forum.

Lots of HP and fun in the sun.
I'm running an MCX Turbo kit. Good to 21 lbs of boost. But I will probably run it to 16 normally. Around 300 hp.
The other guys can tell you what they are doing.
So many decissions........so little time.
Snow in Revy...... may go for a shakedown ride this weekend on the Rock Sled....RXT
Safe Sleddin
Randy

Snosfun, the breakin does suck. I rode the sled like a 2 stroke and just kept the sled off the slopes requiring long WFO throttle pulls. I would hammer the throttle for about 5 seconds and then drop it back down below the 6000 RPM. 2200+ mtn miles in Cooke City with no oil loss issues. I even rode the sled two up with the wife during the whole break in period. Thats close to 400 lbs with both of us fully geared (I weigh ~ 270 with gear).

Jim

Looks like Frisby Ridge at Revelstoke. I had an awesome ride there last Nov just trying to get to the cabin as we were the first ones in. I'm still waiting for my red Apex and my SC to show up this year

Back