• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 skis

NLer

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Srviper STX-DX
Good reviews on using Pilot ski on the Viper. I have a 2015 SR Viper S-TX DX 141" with stock Tuner skis. I do not like the way the tuner ski handles so considering changing to a Pilot ski. Are there any adjustments/tweeks needed to install pilot 6.9 on the Viper or is it just off with the tuner and on with pilot ski?

Here is a great thread of installing Pilot skis
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/pilot-6-9-skis-installed.146599/

I went with the Pilot 6.9 with Bergson triple points carbides for the first part of this past season. Then swap to the Pilot 5.7 with Bergson triple points carbides for second part. The 6.9 got up on the deep soft snow really easy. But whey on groom trails they had some push in the corners on throttle. Had ski set wide so when loading on double trailer had to run ski over the other sled’s ski to make it fit inside the trailer. The 5.7 to for me they didn’t push as much on throttle through the corners on groom trails. They Took a bit longer to get on top of fresh deep snow though. The 5.7 are a little bit narrower so it fits better in a double wide trailer. And I have a set of Rouski wheels for the 5.7 so I going stick with them for next year.

Last edited:

Back