• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PILOT JET

Custom Rx1

Expert
Ok if I make the pilot jet bigger where will I add fuel in the throtle opening? Than where dose the main jet and Needle come into play?
Thanks

On the CV carbs you can not directly relate the throttle opening to the carb slides opening cause the slides are opened by vacuum not throttle position.

pilots: what grader says
needle and jets: 1/8 to 3/4 slide openings
main jets: 3/4 to 1/1 slide openings

All systems overlap with a taper from one circutry to the next. F.ex. when leaving the pilot circuitry fuel delivery relatively decreases as the needle and jet circuitry fuel delivery is rising. The regions describes which circutry is the most dominant for fuel delivery at the different slide openings.

blue rocket said:
I up the pilots to 22.5 from stock 17.5. To try to help my problem.

What is you problem?

I assume you have a lean condition at low rpms since you want to go up in pilot size. Have you checked your current pilots, they can be partly plugged with dirt giving you a low end lean condition, been there done that on my ECP filter kit.

yh it is lean on the bottom. Im am going to move the meetering rod up and bigger pilots

FIXED, the pilot jet worked. Fast, seeing 11000, RPM with out scy the carbs yet. Thanks to every one for the help :jump: :-o :flag:

Did you go with the 22.5 pilots? Cool, now you have to address the primary to get your rpms down some to where it makes the most power :)
Sync the carbs first.

yh went to 22.5, still may go up i one more. but at least i can ride it. Yh i have to get the rpm down but at least it works. How much different will the carb sync make, when I do not have any problems now?
Thanks

If it's running great, it will not do much performance wise. It will run smoother down low, rough idle if you have it will go away, better fuel economy, better throttle response. Ride it as it is and when you have the time do a carb sync. With the ECP filter kit SUPERTUNER says a carb sync is madatory to get the adverticed performance from his kit. If I remember it right, to get top speed performance you will have to balance the carbs to perfection.

I did a sync on my turbo sled before this season, the carbs was way off. Syncing them made the idle very smooth, throttle response got better, fuel milage I can't tell - last time I rode the sled it was +6 C or 43 F and I was on the throttle wot a lot, performancewise it's hard to tell any difference in performance at 16 lbs of boost.

Yh good call on the 16lb boost, you would not see a difference with that kind of power. Hey one thing how is the ZX2 with Boost?

The ZX-2 has very good transfer and hookup racing on the lake. On the trail the transfer can be too much at times. Giving it wot over the nasties it tends to raise the front so I have to let off a little to get the skis back down to steer. Going uphill it's even worse (in a good way) at times it stands on it's tail and I have to let off some the get her back down again. I did leave everything as it came from ADBoivin. The install guide calls for setting the transfer to the lowest setting for the 200+ HP sleds, I guess that would apply to my sled putting out 280+ HP :). That would keep the skis closer to the ground. I like the way it perform over the nasties hard on the throttle, I swallows the bumps with ease keeping the skid on the ground giving me very good tracktion and acceleration. I like the skid. Now I have to pump up the Fox Floats to balance the front and rear suspensions, the front is way soft at 50 lbs. I'll increase the pressure 10 lbs at the time until I'm happy with it.

What are you setting on the ZX2, what are the springs at. I only get about 4" of sky lift on mine. I want more! Thanks

My settings on my 136" ZX-2 are:
revolver 2 and 4 (stock setting)
springs preload at 5

I weigh 215 lbs and ride agressively on ungroomed trails and off trail all the time. We do not have groomed trails in Norway. The amount of ski lift I get on mine comes from the amount of power I have in my sled, 280+ HP will raise the skis if transfer is set too high, which is the case on my sled running the stock ADBoivin settings.

Back