• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pipe removeal

I changed to the Whiteknuckle QC-1 exhaust and here is what I did.

1st, I removed the handle bars.
2nd, I removed the cover for the fuel tank.
I don't know if those 2 are is necessary but I did them.
3rd, remove the alluminum exhaust tips. You only have to remove three bolts. the top one and the bottom two.
4th, remove the plastic piece that covers the rear exhaust heat shield.
5th loosen the two nuts that anchor down the seat.
6th loosen the black plastic cover on the both sides below the fuel tank cover.
7th, slide the seat back and up remembering to disconnect the tail light wires on the right side.
8th, remove the fuel tank
9th, remove the rear heat shield.
10th, remove the four rear exhaust mounting bolts and loosen the front clamps via the two holes tha have rubber plugs in the tunnel under the fuel tank.
11th, slide the exhaust back and up.

To reinstall I found it easiest to drop the rear skid out so I could reach up in the tunnel to guide the exhaust back in place.

I don't know if this is the easiest way but it does work. Jim

if you are only changing the mufler you should drop the rear of the skid, no need to remove the handle bars or fuel tank or heat shield. everything else is as blgsrx-1mnt stated

ok first iver changerd my pipes on both of my sleds at least 4 times each from stock to the bender racing can and back. you dont have to remove the fuel tank or cover, just prop it up with a 2x4 and there are 2 rubber plugs, pull these out and you can access the clamps for the exhaust, just slide the whole thing back and replace it, ... i also did start and drive mine w/o the ehaust it wasnt as loud as my bernder can:), and was boggy.

Here's what i did;

1.remove exhaust tips-3 allen screws in each
2.remove plastic cover at back of seat-2 phillips screws
3.remove side exhaust covers-2 phillips screws in each
4.remove seat-2 10mm nuts and taillight wire
5.remove tank cover screws-4 phillips screws
6.lift tank cover to expose 2 12mm nuts holding tank down
no need to remove bars and tank!
7.remove the 2 nuts holding tank down
8.lift tank a little so you can pull rubber seals out
9.with a 12mm socket losen 2 clamp bolts.
10.remove heat shield-4 10mm bolts
11.remove bolts holding exhaust down-4 12mm bolts
12.lift and slide exhaust back
Now start it up listen :twisted:

Back