• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pivot arm on 14 RTX broke

DennyTuna

RIP-Logan-Dylan-Never forgotten!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Winder LTX 50th
16 SR Viper RTX (red)
02 SX Viper ER (red)
97 SX Vmax 600 (red)
This sled has over 11,000 miles on it and this is the second arm that has broke. The first arm broke on the lower right side where the shock shaft attaches to the rail (about 2" in from rail). Shock package was stock (floats) as were cross shafts. Now 2 years after a new arm was installed and over 5,000 miles it has broke again in the same lower location plus the opposite upper area. The difference this time was RR cross shafts were installed as well as FOX QS3'r shocks (fronts and rear), the center shock is a FOX H1 custom QS3 by hygear with a Bill Mohr 160# spring. Is there something that I'm overlooking as to why the arm keeps breaking, possibly an alignment issue? I know these arms are weak and many have experienced this issue, some have beefed the arm up as well. Our group has 7 procross vipers and sidewinders and this RTX viper is the only one that is breaking this arm. Has to be something going on that's different as to why this machine keeps breaking these arms. We all ride the same trails which is about 90% perfectly flat groomed trails. We ride mostly Sunday thru Thursday with the occasional Friday Morning before departure (all riding is in the UP).

Any Ideas or suggestions?

Possibly the center shock has gotten water in it and is freezing while riding. Is the sled is kept in a heated garage?

If the center shock bottoms it’s distinctly felt in your feet. Can’t let that center bottom ever unless that front arm is reinforced.

Possibly the center shock has gotten water in it and is freezing while riding. Is the sled is kept in a heated garage?
I suppose that could be an issue, will find out soon enough as they are headed to Cannondale for a refresh soon.
If the center shock bottoms it’s distinctly felt in your feet. Can’t let that center bottom ever unless that front arm is reinforced.
This is more likely the problem, I spoke with KB about this and recommended he put the dial on #2 and to never go to #1 again as it is most likely to soft allowing the center shock to bottom out to often.

Back