• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Places to stay in Houghton MI?

marc001

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Apex SE 2017 Yamaha SideWinder LTX LE
Anyone know of a good place to stay in Houghton MI that is next to the snowmobile trails? Looks like winter is done around here and Im not ready to put the sleds away yet. I gots to ride!!

America Inn Calumet. I rode thru their parking lot. Never stayed. Looks ok.
Which will be bare....if you know what I'm saying.

Anybody have any recent reports? I'm looking to ride this coming weekend.

I just got back from the Keweenaw area a couple of days ago. We based out of Calumet and rode last Wed. thru Sunday.

I would not hesitate to head back up there right now. The trails have at least a 3' base in most areas. Not a lot of riders out there right now, daylight hours are longer, and the temps are great to have a good time.

We rode as far south as Twin Lakes and as far north as Copper Harbor and rode about every loop trail between them. Every trail was in great shape. Trail 124 from Phoenix to Gay was outstanding as was the Freda Loop south of Houghton.

You should be fine heading up there this weekend.

Here's a few pics from our ride:
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-09-15h00m31_phone_177.jpg
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-08-13h22m16_phone_016.jpg
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-11-13h54m07_phone_289.jpg
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-08-13h36m09_phone_061.jpg
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-08-13h36m17_phone_062.jpg
UP-bday-trip_2018-03-11-13h13m09_phone_278.jpg

Last edited:
Rode two weeks ago from Marquette and the trails were great. Heading back up this weekend and going to ride from Muni, heading anywhere there is snow.

I will be up pulling oldest out of school leaving town 11:30 tomorrow. Seat Jack will be on the Apex he's only nine. We will be doing a short ride Friday and heading towards Copper H Saturday. At a snail's pace I'm sure. Picked up a new helmet for him and will be installing GoPro mount on it shortly. Your more than welcome to join us but I understand if you want to rack up miles looking just to sight see.

Back