1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Plastic tab under fuel tank cover broken, side panel loose.

Discussion in 'Apex General Talk' started by shanksRX-1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. shanksRX-1

shanksRX-1 Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2006 Apex
    One of the little plastic tabs on the under side of the fuel tank plastic cover is missing. So the side cover on that side has nothing to hook into and keeps popping out. Anyone come up with a decent fix for this? The previous owner tried velcro but it didn't really work.

Attached Files:

3. maim

maim Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2016 apex xtx/ 2011 apex xtx/ 2009 phaser rtx/x/ 1997 et410t/r
    that does not even look like it is sitting in right spot. the 2011 ones have bent so often that basicly the ear with the slot holds it up under the fuel tank cover. you could try epoxying a peice of plastic to act like a tab to hold against the fuel tank cover.

4. sideshowBob

sideshowBob Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

One of the tank tabs that secures the side panel was broken when I got my Attak many years ago.

I acquired a round head 1 1/2"x 1/4" Stainless Steel machine screw, drilled a 1/4" hole in tank cover where tab was[there is a mark on outside of tank cover to guide you].
    I inserted the screw with a 1/4" washer under the head, 1/4" washer on inside of tank, then a nyloc ss nut, snugged it up, left a gap then put another SS nyloc bolt on the end of the screw. Side panel tab now nicely hooks on to the screw between the nyloc nuts.
    This set up has worked better then the factory tank tab for many years now.[the machine screw might be 1 1/4"can't remember exactly]

Works for me

shanksRX-1 likes this.