• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please Look.....and fix it before it happens to you!

lukesju

Extreme
2009 RTX SE with 800 miles and this WAS the stock belt. Blew up going across the lake and caught the aluminum piece under the secondary clutch and ruined the secondary sheeves. Brought it to the dealership wanting the YES warranty to cover it and so far Yamaha has told me no because it is a wear item that caused the damage and basically it was my fault because I didn't do the proper maintance! I brought it to the dealer for the 500 mile oil change and check up and always give my sled a good check over prior to riding. There is no way that this belt blew because of the lack of maintance, especially with only 800 miles on a stock belt! I have been in contact with Yamaha about this problem but I feel that all they hear is blown belt. I have no issues with paying for a belt because they are a wear item but a blown belt should not cause this amount of damage! So everyone take a few rivets and a spare piece of aluminum and fasten this piece down.

Attachments

• Yamaha.jpg
    Yamaha.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 232
  • yamaha 2.jpg
    yamaha 2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 225

09nytro said:
thats y i replace my belt every year no matter how many miles are on it

It was a brand new belt at the beginning of the season. Brand new sled and belt both with zero miles.

Too bad this shite happened to you, but honestly - I did never understand how this plate found it's way into this hardcore super snocross replica in the first place. If people are so damn worried about the left foot staying dry (and if they honestly manage to keep all other body parts dry during one ride...) - man, they are riding the wrong sled...Please, go get the Apex instead...
Anyway, I hope you will find a way to get it covered...!

Just got an update from Yamaha: They are not going to cover it under the YES warranty but they are going to pay for the $550 worth of parts and then i'm going to pick up the labor and belt. So I'm out around $200 but it's better than $750.

If its just the plate and the belt you have to change you should just do it yourself... Might take an hour or so.. I bet the worst part is getting all the cord out from everywhere.. Or just remove the plate and run without it!

Kråkan said:
If its just the plate and the belt you have to change you should just do it yourself... Might take an hour or so.. I bet the worst part is getting all the cord out from everywhere.. Or just remove the plate and run without it!

They are going to replace $550 worth of parts not sure what they have on the parts list but I do know that new sheeves are part of it. I feel kind of obligated to let the dealer do the work just because they hepled me out otherwise I could do the work no problem.

Kråkan said:
OK, Alittle OT, How are the EVOLs?

They are awesome....the harder you ride the softer it feels. They are great for the nytro too since there is so much front end weight.

I say the blown belt hit the deflector and bent it up atfer. Not being the intial cause. Yamaha definately helped you out on this one.

brand new belt shouldn't have blown in the first place yamaha should take care of it . If the sled was sitting at the dealer for a year they should have put a newer belt on

If they're not covering the whole cost, I would take the parts and do it yourself. That is BS, the dealer should elect to do the work for free if the yes warranty isn't covering it, especially if they want your repeat business. Don't let them make you feel like they are doing you a favor, because they haven't... warranty should cover that.

Back