• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"Please rate the amount of moderation used on this site

"Please rate the amount of moderation used on this site"

• Not Enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Right

• Way Overboard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
"Please rate the ammount of moderation used on this site"

If you are not happy with it or dont think there is enough, why?? and examples...

I want our users to be happy and keep this site as fun as we can....with some limits and not at the expense of others. Lets keep this "ON TOPIC" and I will try to keep this as open as long as we can talk as adults....

When I first read the topic I thought it had to do with drinking and posting -

IMO the problems usually pop up when anyone tries to post measured results of anything or push a certain product. That being said there will always be differences of opinion and someone has to decide where to draw the line. I think the current level of 'discussion' is appropriate and the moderation level is appropriate as well.

I think it's spot on ;)! Everyone can express their opinion and there will always be some disention but at the end of the day it all ends well :rocks:

I love the site, the guys in here are awesome, I am here many times daily, but some mods seem power hungry and trying too hard to throw their weight around. I think that opinions, as long as they are within guidlines, should be allowed without mediation. I am sure you are all aware of what I am talking about.
I am tired of the begging/ordering of donations, we all know it cost money to run the site. If guys are just having scraps, short of starting fist fights in parking lots and calling people horrible names, let them be, within reason. Maybe suggest they fight in a PM?

Great site, Great job to all involved. Considering the amount of posts, I think the moderation is fine. :Rockon:

Remember...."You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time". :moon:

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Tom you repremanded me and I think you stopped it at the right time .No reason every one has to put up with some of this just because some of us get carried away and cant agree.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Terry

IT has been good so far . AS some have said if products are being sold there will be some people that find them not usefull and will say so . When the disagreements get to stupid someone has to be there to tell the parties to stop . Keeep up the good work Tom .
Tom-RX1

I think the level of moderation here on TY is just fine.
Everyone is allowed to express their opinion but things arent so loose that people are allowed to belittle and berate other users.

I’m happy the way this site is ran and moderated which is the reason why this is the main forum I partake in. I do think members should fill out their profile in full and be held accountable for what they post. It’s a proven fact things can get out of hand when someone hides behind a screen name.

Thumbs up to Mr.sled and moderators ;)!

:rocks:

Dan

I think its a bit over moderated to accomadate the opinion of the few instead of the many. I used to live and die by this site. Not any longer. It is the best site out there, and if it takes a bit of moderation to keep it this way, then so be it. Keep up the good work.

Indy said:
I think its a bit over moderated to accomadate the opinion of the few instead of the many. I used to live and die by this site. Not any longer. It is the best site out there, and if it takes a bit of moderation to keep it this way, then so be it. Keep up the good work.
I used to live and die by this site.
Well I'm certainly glad that you didn't die, by this site or otherwise. ;)!

Staying "ON TOPIC", I feel the moderation is fine for this particular snapshot in time. Those who have been visiting the TY forums (3) for any length of time know that tone and volume of posts tends to change with the seasons. In a few weeks when more people start riding sleds it'll change again and the moderators will be faced with new and different challenges.

Keep up the good work guys. :rocks:

Tom - please don't change a thing. What keeps this site running so smoothly is your firm hand. People are allowed to discuss and disagree in a civil way - but when it turns into a pissing match it's not tolerated. I love it. What a concept - a message board where people actually have to act like adults!

Thanks for your hard work

Bill

:rocks:

I sometimes think there is too much sensitivity to any subject that seems to put Yamaha in any kind of negative light. There is no need for bashing, but good healthy conversation about problem areas should not be "moderated" away just because someone's blood runs blue.

QCRider said:
I sometimes think there is too much sensitivity to any subject that seems to put Yamaha in any kind of negative light. There is no need for bashing, but good healthy conversation about problem areas should not be "moderated" away just because someone's blood runs blue.

I agree 100% this is the only area where I find that the moderation is over exceeded to protect Yamaha. Other vendors who advertise here have to stand behind their products I see no reason why Yamaha cant be treated the same as other vendors who advertise here.

Rod, that is your opinion....and dont see that as the truth...Yamaha USA cant do anything for Yamaha Canada and for all that matters, I would like some examples of how you think this is the case....not just a complaint...please read the 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back