• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poll: What will Yamaha release in 2020?

What new models will Yamaha release in 2020?

• A big bore 2 stroke in the 850+ range

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • A reboot of an Enticer or Bravo-class sled in 4 stroke tech

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • A reboot of an Enticer or Bravo-class sled in 2 stroke tech

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • A reboot of the Phazer

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Nothing, because they're secretly planning to fold/merge with Cat/explode

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

Mountain Max Sidewinder with the Alpha skid and BNG for the rest! That's pending they don't pull the plug entirely!!!!

Either a major shift in the sled business for Yamaha, if not... a 2 stroke 600 utility sled in the cat chassis, maybe a renamed sled with the Cat alpha skid in it, renamed electronically shock controlled suspension, a long track version of the snow scoot with optional turbo kit, and above all else … stickers.

I’m with voodoo child, I change my answer ton BNG and a Mountain Max

New Trail,mountain chassi that can run the 998 3 syl motor and the best motor in the world with the best sound - APEX ENGINE with TURBO :)

I think the sidewinder will just see a major revamping. It will be built from the ground up with the engine much lower in the chassis. The chassis and suspension will see refinements with a focus on weight reduction. And the chaincase will be re-designed.
Ergonomics will see improvement also with more legroom needed and hopefully a straighter steering post.
I wouldn't rule out a model with the Apex engine to fill the 165hp class category.
Also wouldn't rule out a revamped viper with the 998NA, with the same as above described refinements.
I see zero chance of a triple 2 stroke coming as they just can't make the same power as a twin, ( single piped.)
JMO

Here's a sneak peak.....A boosted Sno Scoot for the wee ones who need just a tad more power....

Roost.jpg

Last edited:
Since the question is what new sled will Yamaha release, my answer is none. And a Viper or Sidewinder with a new rear suspension or a different length track is not a new sled.

There will be 2020 yamaha sleds, at least spring order ones. Found this on the Yamaha website talking about the winners for their 2019 spring power surge contest. At the bottom of the page they say they are bringing back the contest for 2020 which to me pretty much confirms there will be spring order yamaha sleds for 2020.

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/2019spswinners/

As much as i'd like to see a new platform from yamaha, realistically here's what I think will happen:

• Sidewinder continues in 2020 with BNG.
  • Upgrades to the midsize sleds. Either the 1049 moves over to the new bodywork or a NA 998 will be used for simplicity across the line. Viper name may continue, or a new name may be used for these sleds.
  • Mountain Max package which uses the alpha one skid for the sidewinder and new "viper", similar to cats alpha 6000/8000.
  • In season models will return, but still a slimmer lineup than 2017-18. Only 1-2 in season models for each line (rtx, ltx, xtx, btx and mtx). Any additional packages above "base" will be spring order only.

Back