• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible Cat Nytro Competitor Spotted

morrisond

Expert
Someone has seen what looks like a finished proto running around. It's the new Cat race (Sno-pro) chasis running around with there 1100 4 stroke.

Just imagine if they put the Turbo in there. Should be less than 550 lbs and over 180 HP.

Isn't this the Sled we've all been asking for? Just to bad Yammie isn't going to build it. On the positive side Cat motors are quite reliable, a lot better than Doo and Poo.

If a turbo comes with a 141 Crossfire Skid, it will be very hard to resist.

As time goes on, Arctic Cat is looking more interesting for me.

In addition to a bunch of Yammie's and Doos I've had 3 Cat's in the last 8 years. In general motors have been great, suspension awesome - Yammie finally caught up with the 2011 Apex Calibration, however it was just the little stuff that was annoying on the Cat's. Never buy a first year Cat as they tend to let the Consumer discover a lot of things.

I had an 07 F1000, it just didn't work that well without a lot of tweaking, but what sled doesn't need tweaking?

For me If I get a Nytro it needs a Trail tank, wider a-arms - more power.

The Apex is pretty close but needs Wider a-arms, and needs to go on a diet, which can get very expensive.

I would never have bought the current Cat turbo as the front is to heavy, but by putting it in the race chasis if they can shave a lot of weight I'll be tempted. The Turbo motor is very impressive from a power standpoint, sounds like a lawn tractor though...

Sounds like a nice sled. I rode 400 miles with a Sno Pro 1100 turbo a few weeks ago. Screamin' fast and did well on the trails too. Too bad the mammoth was so awful ugly though. Looked like some sort of Transformer in the middle of it's metamorphis.

twomorestrokes said:
Too bad the mammoth was so awful ugly though. Looked like some sort of Transformer in the middle of it's metamorphis.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Good thing too or I would probably never would have been married and had kids. LaLaLa

(Yes, I own a TZ1 Arctic Cat along with my Nytro)

Oops, don't kick me off! :tg: I'm not too keen on the look of the Cats.

I always knew when he was getting ready to pass me...sounded like a diesel going full on right behind me. We laughed later. He said it was his jake brake.

Putting a heavy four-stroke in a two-stroke chassis,way to much cat-nip in that idea :jump: .

I saw a photo of a cat looking like some twin spar machine and was very low. I imagined that it was kind of a predecessor of the old old Thunder Cat in a modern chassis. Of course they will use the 1100 and turbo in it.

Something for the old Mach-Z, SRX and Thunder Cat lovers? What do I know...

low slung said:
Putting a heavy four-stroke in a two-stroke chassis,way to much cat-nip in that idea :jump: .

They can't even fit an oil injected 600 in the race chassis. A 4 stroke turbo won't go into it without some major changes.

From what I read in Supertrax, there is a dealer who has been installing the Cat 800 in the race chassis. I've seen a thread on Hardcoresledder where a guy installed an M7 motor in the race chassis and said it went right in. Then again, I read a story about the development of the AC race chassis and the factory guys said they did not design the sled for larger motors and that they simply would not fit.

So... I don't know what to believe?

AKrider said:
From what I read in Supertrax, there is a dealer who has been installing the Cat 800 in the race chassis. I've seen a thread on Hardcoresledder where a guy installed an M7 motor in the race chassis and said it went right in. Then again, I read a story about the development of the AC race chassis and the factory guys said they did not design the sled for larger motors and that they simply would not fit.

So... I don't know what to believe?

Of course it will fit all it need is adjustments. The we come to how big adjustments. But If you making a race chassis for a 500 - 600 cc machine I think the frame works if built for that to. So major changes in the framework so that the stronger, heavier machinery doesn't kill it. That is my mayor argument that Cat is not coming with a Sno Pro 800 this year.

But when I see Doo's line up I'm pretty impressed and Poo's two new machines looks fine and I hope that they got the 800 together this year. Yamaha made their groom trail machines better. So what do I want from Cat.

As I said, dont think they could evolve the M-series and the CF-series much more. The CF is pretty darn near perfection in my eyes so are the M-series. (For everyone I dont say that the M is better than a RMK because I think that is the best MTX-sled of today) The M- and CF-series must be revolutionized to become much better.

The Sno Pro, dont think they will release a 800 Sno Pro but I have been wrong before. It would be a killer and I would dream about that one instead of pretty girls for a breef moment.

The F-series? Less weight I hope more building quality.

The Touring monsters, much better build quality I hope from Cat. Nice sled says most of the riders but some things just drives them nuts.

So what's new, more high perf 4-stroke and of course the fastest sled out of box. I think they will release a new thunder...

BNG coming from Cat this year. Id be surprised if they were even bold graphics. We might be lucky to get a sneak peak of whats coming next year but Id imagine this will be a pretty quiet year for the Kitty. Next year a big anniversary for Cat so Id imagine there will be a huge release next year.

We can only hope Cat wants to get some consumer testing in before a big release next year. At least that way the bugs are worked out for there birthday.

Back