• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible front cooler leak

karlburns

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 apex xtx
2010 vector ltx gt
2010 vector ltx gt question:

I noticed last weekend a very small amount of blue liquid under the sled but couldn't determine the source of the leak. Got it in the garage all unthawed started it up let it run for 20 minutes and saw one drip of coolant. Set a bucket under that spot and left it for the night caught maybe a teaspoon.

I climbed under the sled and noticed there a a dent right at the end of the aluminum protector where the front cooler is. I'm thinking maybe there's a hairline crack right there but don't see an easy way to get there and see.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2010 vector ltx gt question:

I noticed last weekend a very small amount of blue liquid under the sled but couldn't determine the source of the leak. Got it in the garage all unthawed started it up let it run for 20 minutes and saw one drip of coolant. Set a bucket under that spot and left it for the night caught maybe a teaspoon.

I climbed under the sled and noticed there a a dent right at the end of the aluminum protector where the front cooler is. I'm thinking maybe there's a hairline crack right there but don't see an easy way to get there and see.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Could be, it would seep more if it was hot and under pressure, then spray contact cleaner or brake clean on the crack and see if its seeping. Sometimes if you run them super hot leaving it idle a long time or coming off an icy trail and the overflow is too full, it will push a little out the overflow tube.

Well I'm trying to figure out a way to get to the bottom of that cooler. I started drilling the rivers out of that aluminum protector but realized there's side ones holding it on as well. Or at least it looks like there is. That's the big question how to get either the cooler out or that protector off

Well I'm trying to figure out a way to get to the bottom of that cooler. I started drilling the rivers out of that aluminum protector but realized there's side ones holding it on as well. Or at least it looks like there is. That's the big question how to get either the cooler out or that protector off

Running board coolers?? Get a few new drill bits and an air over hydraulic riveter, its a long process.

Nooo I've done the running boards several times I'm familiar with that process. I'm talking the front cooler behind the motor. Looks like the aluminum belly pan when it dented might have cracked the cooler.

Nooo I've done the running boards several times I'm familiar with that process. I'm talking the front cooler behind the motor. Looks like the aluminum belly pan when it dented might have cracked the cooler.

You would have to drop the entire bottom alum, remove skid, track and drive and replace it form the tunnel side. Another big job. I have had them welded on the sled before. All the bottom rivets come out and then there is a few up the side near the frontbulk head.

Do you know how many side rivets are in that aluminum belly pan protector thing? Bottom ones I can get off easy enough but when I was looking at it last night I couldn't tell how many side rivers there were.

Do you know how many side rivets are in that aluminum belly pan protector thing? Bottom ones I can get off easy enough but when I was looking at it last night I couldn't tell how many side rivers there were.

4 or 5 at least on each side.

I have had them welded on the sled before.

I had a hole (stud) in the the bulkhead cooler welded shut on my 05 Vector as well. Karl - don't try to pull that cooler......find out where the leak is and if possible, weld it shut while it's in the sled.

Where the hole in my cooler was I didn't have to pull the drive shaft...just the skid and pull the track away.

I had a hole (stud) in the the bulkhead cooler welded shut on my 05 Vector as well. Karl - don't try to pull that cooler......find out where the leak is and if possible, weld it shut while it's in the sled.

Where the hole in my cooler was I didn't have to pull the drive shaft...just the skid and pull the track away.

That's why I'm trying to drop that stupid aluminum belly pan thing. If the crack is on the very bottom I'm hoping to not even drop the skid. I've debated on just cutting the side of it with a dremel after getting the bottom rivets but really don't want to if possible

That's why I'm trying to drop that stupid aluminum belly pan thing. If the crack is on the very bottom I'm hoping to not even drop the skid. I've debated on just cutting the side of it with a dremel after getting the bottom rivets but really don't want to if possible

Sent you an email.

Anyone know what pressure to test the system at to see if it holds?

Speaking for Karl it sound slike the "leak" he had was actually coolant coming out of the overflow tube. He pressure tested the system last night and it held pressure.

Whew!!!! ;)!

Back