• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

post your pic of knee pads

image_16926.jpg

anyone make blue knees pads for the sidewinder? I am looking to cover up all the white at the knee area. This is more for cosmetic reasons.
I will use black if needed.
Anyone have a picture of skinz installed on the white knee area of the machine?

anyone make blue knees pads for the sidewinder? I am looking to cover up all the white at the knee area. This is more for cosmetic reasons.
I will use black if needed.
Anyone have a picture of skinz installed on the white knee area of the machine?

Im not a big fan of actual knee pads on a sled....But I am a big fan of not having the white panels on the 50th ground in to a GRAY color by my knees.

With very tight trail system behind my place on the way to the bigger trails ect....the SW is a bear, and so the riser needs to be adjusted nearly upright, so you can get as far ahead as possible to allow for some decent speed to be carried through the tight twistys...

Because of this, I am always against the panels and the knees slide from inside near fuel tank panel, to extreme outside edge of panel. Any knee pad would simply hinder that motion I found when I tested several over the yrs. They might be fine if you are a sit back type rider and not active, but for me they just are in the way of that nice sliding left to right motion, as our trails swing hard left to hard right over and over, so you are really working that sled.

So for the OCD brain, the all black panels of just about every sled I have owned, would never show dirt. But now an ALL WHITE panel is gonna be a killer. The only fix for me will be a wrap/vinyl covering at the knee panels. I have already done my design and spoke with Robb. I want to keep the 50th anny look throughout, so its a basic match to the stock graphics....I wont show my photoshop pics yet, but will show them later.....

The vinyl wrap material is easily cleaned then.

Dan

Last edited:
Dan, I just picked up my anniversary RTX-LE yesterday and I feel the same as you about the knee pads and the wear to the white panels. Would love to see what you come up with in regards to a vynl wrap for that area.

theres no way I could ride this sled in the rough without pads...I got the black cat ones and love the feel...sure would love them more in blue COME ON YAMAHA ...get the accessories together..

Dan, I just picked up my anniversary RTX-LE yesterday and I feel the same as you about the knee pads and the wear to the white panels. Would love to see what you come up with in regards to a vynl wrap for that area.
Could you snap a pic of your brake lever by chance? LOL

Does it have the curved end?

thanks
Dan

theres no way I could ride this sled in the rough without pads...I got the black cat ones and love the feel...sure would love them more in blue COME ON YAMAHA ...get the accessories together..
Are you sitting in the big junk? I have never had a need for pads, I guess in junk Im standing always, and sitting in tight twisties up so close, no way knee would bump there.

In the tight stuff I’m usually half #*$&@ standing with my knee’s leaning into the panels. This is on a Doo Rev. I sit on my Apex. Brake lever on the Sidewinder is curved. I tried to post a pic from the phone but it was to big.

Are you sitting in the big junk? I have never had a need for pads, I guess in junk Im standing always, and sitting in tight twisties up so close, no way knee would bump there.

actually yes..I stand ...last year I launched off had to be at least a 15' ledge..and yes standing...you will kit in that case sir...not to mention a bombed out trail with 2'ers....you hit occasionally

In the tight stuff I’m usually half #*$&@ standing with my knee’s leaning into the panels. This is on a Doo Rev. I sit on my Apex. Brake lever on the Sidewinder is curved. I tried to post a pic from the phone but it was to big.
Yeah even on my XS 1200doo, I was not quite able to stand without arms stretched out to max, im about 5-11''.

On the SW I like the stock riser/bar to footwell dimension much better for standing. And I have the MT seat going on mine which is a tad higher in front too.

OK cool, so your new sled has the brake lever too....any chance you saw the build date on tunnel?

thx
Dan

actually yes..I stand ...last year I launched off had to be at least a 15' ledge..and yes standing...you will kit in that case sir...not to mention a bombed out trail with 2'ers....you hit occasionally
I do alot of work bent down(ceramic tile ect) and so my knees are not greatest, but at 53 still no issues. So maybe im used to the knee pounding from work all these yrs. I guess everyone has certain way of riding and how they sit ect.

Back