• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Powderlites Stage II Nytro Fuel Tuning

Snox49x

Veteran
So my sled seems to run a little lean on the top when at WOT. AFR at around 13.1 or slighty lower (12.8-12.9). I just rec'd the Rapid Bike software and now looking at some of the maps I have noticed that they all are at 100% fuel at WOT above about 7500 rpm. What can I do to fatten this thing up? Pump gas at 9lbs at about 500 ft elevation. Fuel pressure set to where it should be.

mine is the same also running leen at idle it goes from13.8 to 14.5 and as a bog at 2000 rpm 375 ft elevation what map are you running

make sure your fuel pressure is set to where it should be. Mine likes to run about 48-50 psi at idle once warmed up. Idles at about 13.5-1. Not sure which map I have right now.

do you have the newest map installed? I havent tried my sled since november but the original map was way lean! I havent had a chance to test the new one yet but from what i hear its still seems lean to me up top. I dont want to say for sure until i try again.

I would love to see high 11s under boost, that would make me less nervous about melting the thing down.

I think I have a map from around 12/15. I too would like to see it fatter at WOT but by looking at the maps I am not sure how you could add any more fuel at WOT. Then there is the fact that I am only running 9 lbs of boost. How can it be OK at higher boost If it cant get enough fuel now?

Snox49x said:
I think I have a map from around 12/15. I too would like to see it fatter at WOT but by looking at the maps I am not sure how you could add any more fuel at WOT. Then there is the fact that I am only running 9 lbs of boost. How can it be OK at higher boost If it cant get enough fuel now?

I was thinking of trying something with the rb3. Its setup to start running off the rb3 once it hits a pound or two(depending on your elevation). I was going to try re-ranging the map sensor voltage to include vacuum and then turn up the fuel pressure a bit. You could pull some fuel in vacuum to make up for the extra fuel you will be getting from the higher pressure. This should allow you to get a bit more fuel up top.

The proper way to do it is run bigger injectors. I believe the apex injectors are about 50 cc's bigger but dont quote me. Im not sure if anyone else makes bigger injectors. I have heard rc makes 750 cc's but that seems a bit much. Maybe something around 500 cc would be ideal?

Snox49x said:
So my sled seems to run a little lean on the top when at WOT. AFR at around 13.1 or slighty lower (12.8-12.9). I just rec'd the Rapid Bike software and now looking at some of the maps I have noticed that they all are at 100% fuel at WOT above about 7500 rpm. What can I do to fatten this thing up? Pump gas at 9lbs at about 500 ft elevation. Fuel pressure set to where it should be.

Raise the fuel pressure OR turn the boost down you at max fuel delivery for your injectors.

You can go to larger injectors but will require entirely different maps.

Ted.

Ted any idea on where to get larger injectors? I dont understand how people can be running this setup at 14-15 lbs of boost and I get get mine to run at 9.

Snox49x said:
Ted any idea on where to get larger injectors? I dont understand how people can be running this setup at 14-15 lbs of boost and I get get mine to run at 9.

They are at Elevation so they start with a 5 lb defecit.

Your practically at sea level where the air is much more Oxygen rich.

From what I hear Apex injectors are bigger and will directly bolt in with no adapters.

I understand the elevatioon thing but was told by PL that they dyno tune at sea level and that this kit would work fine. Is there any way to "fool" the fuel pressure regulator into thinking there is more boost so that it ups the pressure as the boost comes on?

Snox49x said:
I understand the elevatioon thing but was told by PL that they dyno tune at sea level and that this kit would work fine. Is there any way to "fool" the fuel pressure regulator into thinking there is more boost so that it ups the pressure as the boost comes on?

Fuel Pressure guages Vary in accuracy, Try Bumping the base fuel pressure 3 psi first and see if it climbs with boost 1-1

Ted.

Back