• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power loss above 1/2 throttle (new sled)

TheFarm845

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX LE
Well I got my 2022 LTX LE into the dealer today for hard starting and poor running, in which they adjusted the throttle a little and said its good to go.

I get all the way up north tonight, start the sled (again took 4 tries), warmed it up, made a couple easy laps around the field, and went to punch the throttle and it cut the ignition, causing it to pop and backfire. I briefly (5 seconds) got a flashing code of sd_84, so I adjusted the throttle myself to have 1/8" play, took it out, and the same thing happened again over and over. But now, no codes show up. I planned on riding tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. Seriously frustrated with this sled and the dealer so far.

A friend of mine recently received his 2022 X-TX LE and had similar issues. After dealer messing with throttle body adjustments ect it ended up worse. The fix was a bent over pin in wiring harness and a replacement of complete throttle body assembly injectors and all.
Runs like a champ now.

Update,

It doesn't necessarily seem to be 1/2 throttle where it cuts out, right around 6300ish rpm, it cuts the ignition and the BOV/wastegate flutters like crazy. And there's a little stumble off idle when first taking off. I'm guessing it's much more than a tors issue

Mine did similar thing. 22 Ltx se. come to find out my throttle cord didn’t have enough slack. Dealer said to take the sides and hood off and follow the throttle cable. Sure enough it was hooked up on a bolt below. Went into limp mode when pulled out out or turning. Got the same codes but gone now

Well I got my 2022 LTX LE into the dealer today for hard starting and poor running, in which they adjusted the throttle a little and said its good to go.

I get all the way up north tonight, start the sled (again took 4 tries), warmed it up, made a couple easy laps around the field, and went to punch the throttle and it cut the ignition, causing it to pop and backfire. I briefly (5 seconds) got a flashing code of sd_84, so I adjusted the throttle myself to have 1/8" play, took it out, and the same thing happened again over and over. But now, no codes show up. I planned on riding tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. Seriously frustrated with this sled and the dealer so far.
your dealer is an idiot...

Mine did similar thing. 22 Ltx se. come to find out my throttle cord didn’t have enough slack. Dealer said to take the sides and hood off and follow the throttle cable. Sure enough it was hooked up on a bolt below. Went into limp mode when pulled out out or turning. Got the same codes but gone now
Interesting. Mine has plenty of slack at the handlebars, but it could possibly be hung up somewhere under the hood

Any updates? Find the issues?
Not yet, throttle cable is good and I checked all of the plug pins from the hood to the chassis. Its getting dropped off at the dealer first thing tomorrow morning so they better dang well figure it out asap

Ya i am so sick of dealers telling you things are good to go,when they are not,most take the cheapest way out. Really good dealer is hard to find,and when you do,hang on to them.

Update: with the help of Yamaha corporate, the dealer narrowed the issue down to a bad fuel pump. But now of course there are no fuel pumps available anywhere.

Look up the part number yourself and call around to find one. Then demand they get one. My dealer would pull one off of another sled if need be.
Fuel Pump Comp

8KC-E3907-00-00
I just got off the phone with the dealer and they were able to track one down. Supposed to be here Monday finally. Just in time for 50+ degree weather

Back