• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just adding to the post....lol....Travis is pretty sharp...always thinking!

My first guess it was one of those Pumice Stones women use to scrape the dead skin off their feet in the tub. Thinking my first impression may be off a little...

Maybe Travis can make some reliable big toe joints. They cut mine out and bolted it together with 2 300 dollar screws...lol!
No more pain, so I think that's good for another 5 mph on the sled....

I'm thinking it's going to be simple. Maybe just moving tie rod pivot point closer to steering shaft.

I think I've come up with the final MPS kit design this morning. Most of my products are static, and with this one being in motion there's a lot more to account for. At this point I feel I've met my design targets and they are as follows:

1. Easier steering...concept was tested and proven back in March
2. Bolt on installation....probably less than an hour for most people
3. Cost effective.....less than a set of popular aftermarket skis
4. Safety....attachment points have both lock nuts and cotter pin drilled bolts.
5. Adjustable..... 3 settings for 3 levels of assist.

Going to sleep on this final design for a few nights.

Oh yea...attached is a teaser photo for all of you to scrutinize and speculate just like the spy photos before every Yamaha model year release! Ha.
View attachment 129074[/Q Ok, next teaser photo please! Summer is long.

ok......here's another peak.

IMG_0730.JPG

Well it's not a foot scraper so no prize for me. But maybe we can be filled in with a little bit more info...

So we go from the Sidewinder not needing power steering, as stated by owners that it doesn't need it. To this. Ok

I would like to buy a power steering kit to fit an older apex if possible.

So we go from the Sidewinder not needing power steering, as stated by owners that it doesn't need it. To this. Ok

The Sidewinder truly doesn't need power steering for most riding with the exception of tight running or if a person suffers from shoulder ailments. When in tight you feel the weight going slow or if yoiu are like me with a rebuilt shoulder that acts up now and then, easier steering is a welcomed addition. I don't want to give up the power for lightness of a 600. I for one will be buying a set to try. Cheers

Jester

Back