• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anything that makes the steering easier is always welcome addition . This allows us old guys with worn out shoulders to setup the machine with ski's & carbides of our choice and not have to worry about any conditions we run into ! I didn't believe that Snow trackers would lighten up the steering by just looking at them . It looks like it would cut and dig down into anything. Once people run with them they all talk about the lighter and positive turning . Now if Travis's product helps just as much it's a WIN in my book !! Can't see a down side.

So we go from the Sidewinder not needing power steering, as stated by owners that it doesn't need it. To this. Ok

I'm not going to advertise this as something the sled needs to have. It's simply an upgrade to enhance the ride experience.....just like other aftermarket products.

I would think if you looked at the age demographic of Yamaha riders, most of them are probably 45 +, so lighter steering effort will certainly have some apeal. I'm not quite mid 30's yet, and after testing MPS I have no desire to run without it. Once you get a taste of something better its hard to go back. Reminds me of my chainsaws. I had a decent chainsaw when I started cutting wood. My father in law is an echo salesman, and he brought a bigger demo saw home for me to try. Did I really need a bigger saw....no, but after cutting with it I had no desire to go back to my smaller one.

My RX1 needs this more than anything.

So we go from the Sidewinder not needing power steering, as stated by owners that it doesn't need it. To this. Ok
I'm a Sidewinder owner and if they offered me power steering for it at no cost I wouldn't want it. I have no use for it. I didn't need it on my 2006 Apex and my SW handles and steers better than that. Now that doesn't mean others won't find it useful and I won't speak for them. Who are you speaking for? From your posts I would say you represent a moron community or a negative nancy group.

Just finished up installing a kit on a customers viper. I trial fit everything on my Sidewinder but wanted to install a kit on a Viper just to be 100% sure there were no differences. Typed up my installation instructions as I was installing the kit and also took pictures for the instructions. At this point I'm thinking I will be ready to release the kit next month. Will know for sure once I get an ETA from one of my vendors.

The most time consuming part of installing the kit is setting ski alignment. Hmmmm....looks like the kit requires some pre bent tie rods!

IMG_0797.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 117
I talked to Travis today and it is about time to bring this topic back up to the top. I got some pre release pics, but I swore to not let the cat out of the bag early, but it looks like it could be a very helpful add on.

As stated in a previous post a few weeks ago I installed a kit on a customers 15 viper LE 129. He has two identical sleds so I wanted to do an apples to apples stationary test. After I installed the kit I jumped back and forth between both sleds in the shop. Shop floor is concrete so skis turn pretty easy to begin with, but effort was definitely less on the MPS equipped viper. Next I moved both sleds out side onto the blacktop for more ski resistance. Again jumping back and forth, the MPS equipped viper was even more apparent than on the shop floor. As a final test I called my wife out. Not telling her what I did, I had her sit on both sleds and steer them. I asked her if she noticed any difference between the two. When she was sitting on the MPS equipped Viper she said "this one is definitely easier to turn". ;)!

When will this be released for the viper ? I would like a little time to get it installed before the season gets close !

I hope the Nytro kit is not to far behind! One of the best things you can do for handaling is sliding your 121" skid back 4" with a star relocate! However it does add more ski pressure, and with a kit like this, it could be a great combo!

When will this be released for the viper ? I would like a little time to get it installed before the season gets close !

Finalizing some install directions, and getting the website page updated. Should be soon. You will have plenty of time to get it installed!

For those that will want to see the kit in person this fall below is a list of shows that you will be able to see it on display. Yamaheater Rock has agreed to display the kit for me in his booth.

Haydays MN
Syracuse NY ( I hope to be present at the show on Friday)
Novi MI
Milwaukee WI

I will also be at the Excell Raceway Grass Drags on September 23-24

Finalizing some install directions, and getting the website page updated. Should be soon. You will have plenty of time to get it installed!

For those that will want to see the kit in person this fall below is a list of shows that you will be able to see it on display. Yamaheater Rock has agreed to display the kit for me in his booth.

Haydays MN
Syracuse NY ( I hope to be present at the show on Friday)
Novi MI
Milwaukee WI

I will also be at the Excell Raceway Grass Drags on September 23-24
Great News that Rock will be displaying this for you! It will be good to be able to see it in person at Novi ;)!

Haydays MN

Im excited that you will be in my backyard at haydays.

Will you have sleds there to feel the difference?

You will have kits to buy, right?

Will you be in the vendor section or in the swap?

Cost??

Back