• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

power steering issue

sx7er

Was driving my grizz the other day down a trail and my eps locked up. Couldnt turn left or right!! Limped him home and checked it out. On the way in the shop, still no turning my EPS light came on. Checked it all out, bearings, boots, ETC.... Even on the lift, no steering. I removed it, openeded it up and voila.. My EPS is finished. The BIg plastic gear inside, YES PLASTIC, is stripped. This sucks!! cant find a used one, and a new one is a arm and a leg....

Gee I just bought a new Grizzly other day and dealer told me even if the EPS quit I'd still have steering. He did mention about the little plastic gear breaking in the winter time if it quit but ensured I still be able to steer, did you not have any at all>?>?

biggrizz said:
Was driving my grizz the other day down a trail and my eps locked up. Couldnt turn left or right!! Limped him home and checked it out. On the way in the shop, still no turning my EPS light came on. Checked it all out, bearings, boots, ETC.... Even on the lift, no steering. I removed it, openeded it up and voila.. My EPS is finished. The BIg plastic gear inside, YES PLASTIC, is stripped. This sucks!! cant find a used one, and a new one is a arm and a leg....

How many miles on the grizz?

ya i didnt have anything. very little to the right, but enough to jockey front and back to make corners...LOL. I would have to re check, but around 2600 km i believe.

biggrizz said:
ya i didnt have anything. very little to the right, but enough to jockey front and back to make corners...LOL. I would have to re check, but around 2600 km i believe.

WOW...do you run bigger tires too?

you dont hear many issues with the power steering unit,i dont think bigger tires would be the cause,i have 9000 miles on mine,most miles ridden with 26'' or 27'' tires,and no issues at all,its still a machine and it will break at a certain point,dont feel bad,i know of 3 friends with competitors quads that lost power steering units,one with 500 miles on the odo

Back